Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HG needs a new creative staff

Go down 
+3
Last_Valk_Standing
Dread
MechaGodzilla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

HG needs a new creative staff Empty
PostSubject: HG needs a new creative staff   HG needs a new creative staff EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Title says it all, HG needs a new creative staff, one who can not only come up with ideas are that original and good, but also treat their work as more than just being a job, but a passion.

I hereby nominate myself, Viper, Dread, & LVS to take over Grin

All of us have created original stories and characters, we should all just bust in that studio and take over ;]
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: HG needs a new creative staff   HG needs a new creative staff EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Heh... If only it were that simple, HP.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: HG needs a new creative staff   HG needs a new creative staff EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Dread wrote:
Heh... If only it were that simple, HP.

yeah I know oh shit
Back to top Go down
Last_Valk_Standing
sentinel
Last_Valk_Standing

PostSubject: Re: HG needs a new creative staff   HG needs a new creative staff EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:49 am

hey nothing a little c4 charges wouldn't fix!
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: HG needs a new creative staff   HG needs a new creative staff EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:31 am

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:
hey nothing a little c4 charges wouldn't fix!

I\'m happy how right you are! also kill it with fire
Back to top Go down
sorral

PostSubject: HG   HG needs a new creative staff EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:28 pm

I was invited here, by HP. I was banned from RT.com by Tommy. One of my offences was to insult HG on the site. I said that they needed to send someone to business school. I have been round about bashing HG for a while. They can not keep the site updated, only producing one sequel in 20 years, and changing what is cannon/non-cannon. WTF? I have made and submitted trivia, but was never used. They leave the same old trivia up for months. HG is now cracking down on everyone, because too many of us are telling the truth, that HG has all but killed Robotech. Steve keeps posting about how well HG is doing....They sold out of this toy or that....IT IS NOT HARD TO DO WHEN YOU ONLYU MAKE A FEW THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to call for a boycott of all Robotech booths at conventions that have HG staff in attendance. Let them know they need to be at work getting RT and RT.com back on track, not signing autographs and BSing fans!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mage
mage

PostSubject: Re: HG needs a new creative staff   HG needs a new creative staff EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:32 pm

sorral wrote:
I was invited here, by HP. I was banned from RT.com by Tommy. One of my offences was to insult HG on the site. I said that they needed to send someone to business school. I have been round about bashing HG for a while. They can not keep the site updated, only producing one sequel in 20 years, and changing what is cannon/non-cannon. WTF? I have made and submitted trivia, but was never used. They leave the same old trivia up for months. HG is now cracking down on everyone, because too many of us are telling the truth, that HG has all but killed Robotech. Steve keeps posting about how well HG is doing....They sold out of this toy or that....IT IS NOT HARD TO DO WHEN YOU ONLYU MAKE A FEW THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to call for a boycott of all Robotech booths at conventions that have HG staff in attendance. Let them know they need to be at work getting RT and RT.com back on track, not signing autographs and BSing fans!!!!!!!!!!!

i like your attitude
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: HG needs a new creative staff   HG needs a new creative staff EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:03 pm

Welcome to the crew, Sorral.
Back to top Go down
sorral

PostSubject: OK,OK,OK   HG needs a new creative staff EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:53 pm

I am tired of seeing on the other sites, that HG is not at fault for this and that. "its not their fault that the RT.com site is not up to date, they sub that out".... It is their site! So anything that is not correct is HG's fault! "They could not do that because of trade right issues"... They should have had the correct contracts from the start! Don't they have lawyers? "that is not cannon anymore"..Why?...because that piece of crap Yun says so?...I WANT MACEK BACK!!!!!!!!

I would like to go on, but I am a carpenter, and my hands are tired....FROM ACTUALLY DOING WORK...HG SHOULD TRY IT! Try working on the site, getting your copyright shit fixed, try making an action figure/toy that a working man can afford. Try putting out a good Video Game..I liked Battlecry, but that was quite a while ago. Invasion, what did I think of that?... HG needs a new creative staff 50843
Yes, Robotech has survived for 24 years, but not because of HG. It has been us fans. We have been loyal to the original series, we have bought the comics and books, we have bought the toys, and what has HG given back? A bunch of half assed work, most of a website, and a shit load of excuses for them not knowing how to do business.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: HG needs a new creative staff   HG needs a new creative staff EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:31 am

I think you hit the ball right out of the park with this one, sorral.

I would also like to have Macek back, it still irks me that they gave him the boot frage
And so many have offered to upgrade the site for them, but they refuse and why? I do not know.
And those expensive toys only make matters worse... toynami isnt the best company either especially all the "recalls" I've heard taking place. Can't we just get some nice decent merchandise?
This is something I hope WB is serious about when they take over the franchise
and I really hope they do, HG isn't doing anything with it right now.
Back to top Go down
Macross_119

PostSubject: Re: HG needs a new creative staff   HG needs a new creative staff EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 4:19 pm

I would have to agree with the general statement that Harmony Gold have not taken care of the franchise as well, as i think they could have. They can't be short on ideas for stories, hell looking the fanfic archives. Their are dozens or so stories that could be made.

Hell, Viper's Destroid's Last Dance would make one HELL of a good side seris to bridge the First and Second Series.

I am sorry, i don't buy the bullshit that if you don't see any update on Shadow rising that means we're working on it.

No it doesn't.

I got the Maia MPC cause i always wanted an alpha. My best friend has the Skull one (which he got at an EB for 40 dollars) and it was pretty decent but the alpha was a piece of shit, it can't go completely back to plane mode and the materials are so delicate that you break them too easy. They did a recall (which i did NOT send mine back) with promises of a new Alpha by mid-Summer, IT's FUCKING SEPTEMBER!!!!!

I worked as a motorcycle mechanic before and still work for a living. So i understand completely where Sorral is coming from.

It was Macek who brought Robotech to life by combining those 3 animes, not Yun or McKeever (Spelling ?)

Bring Him Back.
Back to top Go down
Zen72
Zen72

PostSubject: Chiming in on Harmony Gold   HG needs a new creative staff EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 1:07 am

Been a Robotech fan since the start in 1985....and it's a shame what Harmony Gold has done...or more accurately speaking what they haven't done for the franchise...

An out of date website...selling ridiculously priced boxes with Robotech labels...overselling the Shadow Chronicles...The Live Action Movie...no news...the Original 85 relegated to taking a backseat, THE BASE OF THE FRANCHISE FOR GOD'S SAKE!...

And absolutely NO preparation for the 25th Anniversary next year....

This can't be what Carl envisioned....

There's so much to celebrate and Harmony Gold's apathy to it is disgusting!

While I can say I have no personal animosity towards people like Tommy or Kevin...I can't put any expectations into them for the betterment of the franchise and that is sad!

It's up to the fans to celebrate Robotech's 25 year history in the way it deserves to be...

Excellent posts by all!

-Zen72
www.protoculturetimes.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HG needs a new creative staff   HG needs a new creative staff Empty

Back to top Go down

HG needs a new creative staff
Page 1 of 1