Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Robotech on Youtube?

Go down 
+2
Viper
MechaGodzilla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Robotech on Youtube? Empty
PostSubject: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:17 pm

I just discovered the entire macross saga is on youtube
can anyone say, bye bye dvd sales?
I wonder if HG is aware of this or at least behind it Neutral

Thoughts =
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Meh... The impact would be negligible... Anyone who's interested in getting the DVD series would almost certainly have it, and HG will probably threaten to sue YouTube if they don't rip the episodes off.
Back to top Go down
mage
mage

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:03 pm

macross saga as in robotech?
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:43 pm

No, Mage... Macross-saga as in Scooby Doo and Friends.

See, Scooby and the Mystery Machine gang run across a guy who's selling fake protoculture, and they get the help of Rick Hunter to solve the mystery.

I hate to spoil the episode's ending, but it turns out that the creepy guy who was selling the fake protoculture, and scaring everyone away from the protoculture matrix with a fake 'ghost' gag was none other than Khyron the Backstabber.

As he was taking away by RDF decurity forces, he was quoted as saying "I would've gotten away wtih it if it hadn't been for you snoopin' kids!", and the Mystery Machine gang and Hunter have a good, morally forthright laugh.

The End.
Back to top Go down
mage
mage

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Viper wrote:

See, Scooby and the Mystery Machine gang run across a guy who's selling fake protoculture, and they get the help of Rick Hunter to solve the mystery.

I hate to spoil the episode's ending, but it turns out that the creepy guy who was selling the fake protoculture, and scaring everyone away from the protoculture matrix with a fake 'ghost' gag was none other than Khyron the Backstabber.

As he was taking away by RDF decurity forces, he was quoted as saying "I would've gotten away wtih it if it hadn't been for you snoopin' kids!", and the Mystery Machine gang and Hunter have a good, morally forthright laugh.

The End.

that would be funny to watch
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 12:04 am

Viper wrote:

The End.

lmao clap
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:31 am

as another option if you want either the whole Robotech Macross Saga or you can get the actual Super Dimensional Fortress Macross (Japanese Version with English subtitles) through the Torrent downloading process. Actually you can download any of the series for that matter.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Iceblue106 wrote:
as another option if you want either the whole Robotech Macross Saga or you can get the actual Super Dimensional Fortress Macross (Japanese Version with English subtitles) through the Torrent downloading process. Actually you can download any of the series for that matter.

This I know, however I stopped downloading torrents many years ago
however I have found this whole thing to be legit, which is good
means more exposure for Robotech
now that's the way to get more fans instead of making cheap movies
loaded with fan service.

I only wish they did this way back when, before I bought all the dvds.
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:51 pm

lol, frankly, I think the reverse is going to happen... a lot of people are going to look at Robotech and say "Hey, look at this whitewashed, bowdlerized piece of shit, let's stay the fuck away from that relic and watch something new". Rewrites might've been standard practice a quarter-century ago, but these days the average anime viewer is more sophisticated, and rewrites are generally considered about as insulting as a smack in the balls with your own dead grandmother.

Let's also recall, please, that Robotech is one of the most hated (if not THE most hated) anime series on the internet. The comments section of most of those videos is guaranteed to be one long flame war, just like the comments section of the Hulu Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:57 pm

Seto Kaiba wrote:
lol, frankly, I think the reverse is going to happen... a lot of people are going to look at Robotech and say "Hey, look at this whitewashed, bowdlerized piece of shit, let's stay the fuck away from that relic and watch something new". Rewrites might've been standard practice a quarter-century ago, but these days the average anime viewer is more sophisticated, and rewrites are generally considered about as insulting as a smack in the balls with your own dead grandmother.

Let's also recall, please, that Robotech is one of the most hated (if not THE most hated) anime series on the internet. The comments section of most of those videos is guaranteed to be one long flame war, just like the comments section of the Hulu Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles release.

Oh there's no doubt about that lol
Back to top Go down
Star Dragon
robotech master
Star Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 10:54 am

Most hated???

What about all the Korean KNOCKOFFS?

Lessee here:

1.) Space Gundam V - a boy who can magically summon a vf-1a and fights Ms muffet's giant spider and other monsters (I shit you not!)

2.) Super Mazinger III - A frenken mech made up of sections of several robot series (mostly Gunam) using teh mazinger name...

I am sure there are others...

Here is a page with Three "Space Gundam V" Videos. OMG these hurt my brain...

http://www.henshinjustice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32648

Make the pain stop!
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:00 am

Star Dragon wrote:
Most hated???

What about all the Korean KNOCKOFFS?

Lessee here:

1.) Space Gundam V - a boy who can magically summon a vf-1a and fights Ms muffet's giant spider and other monsters (I shit you not!)

2.) Super Mazinger III - A frenken mech made up of sections of several robot series (mostly Gunam) using teh mazinger name...

I am sure there are others...

Here is a page with Three "Space Gundam V" Videos. OMG these hurt my brain...

http://www.henshinjustice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32648

Make the pain stop!

Robotech on Youtube? 983437 this will get rid of your pain
Back to top Go down
Star Dragon
robotech master
Star Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:02 am

Nah, I use that for writers block... Wink
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:08 am

Star Dragon wrote:
Nah, I use that for writers block... Robotech on Youtube? 972213

lol I use Robotech on Youtube? 475625 Robotech on Youtube? 204546
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robotech on Youtube?   Robotech on Youtube? Empty

Back to top Go down

Robotech on Youtube?
Page 1 of 1