Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you had a choice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

If you had a choice Empty
PostSubject: If you had a choice   If you had a choice EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Which characters would you have wanted in the shadow chronicles? (not that it would make it any better lol, but just good enough to see some familiar faces)

I think it would of been interesting to see Dana, maybe her and Maia would get in a bitch fight? Laughing

Would of been nice to have Lunk, Lancer, Rand, Rook, Sera, and yes... annie

also would of been better if they used tommy yunes master piece character designs instead of the shitty ones they went with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

PostSubject: Re: If you had a choice   If you had a choice EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 7:30 pm

None. Harmony Gold needs to stop trying to pass off reuse of characters from the "original 85" as new material.
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: If you had a choice   If you had a choice EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:31 pm

Seto Kaiba wrote:
None. Harmony Gold needs to stop trying to pass off reuse of characters from the "original 85" as new material.

yeah this is true but also they are obviously incapable of doing that so that's why I asked lol. And I wouldn't let them use my shit unless I had absolute control over all of it.
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: If you had a choice   If you had a choice EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:48 pm

I know this is gonna sound completely assenine, but here goes...

I'd have loved to see the original SDF-1 in TSC, for the simple fact that I hated them destroying it in The Macross Saga...

Ok, call me psycho now, if you want, I've said my piece.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: If you had a choice   If you had a choice EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Viper wrote:
I know this is gonna sound completely assenine, but here goes...

I'd have loved to see the original SDF-1 in TSC, for the simple fact that I hated them destroying it in The Macross Saga...

Ok, call me psycho now, if you want, I've said my piece.

not at all dude, kudos to you for your input
I like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: If you had a choice   If you had a choice EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 7:50 am

Ok my turn to piggy back lol. I have to agree with Vipers idea but I would take it one step further and also would like them to fill in the gaps that where left from the original series. Call me old fashioned but I love the idea of the re-use of the old characters from the Macross saga of Robotech. With that said, without the original series I would never have accomplished my dream of being associated with the F-14Tomcat or the Navy for that matter. So I say bring it on lol. But again this is just one macross saga fans undying appreciation and love for the old series.

If you had a choice TCAT
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

PostSubject: Re: If you had a choice   If you had a choice EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Quote :

The problem with Robotech, though, is that [insert names of characters who originally came from a previously-established anime] are still alive in the Shadows era. Some can still be easily handwaved aside, but others, in the "normal" course of making an epic storyline, would have their loose ends tied up. A place for everything and all that crap.

Now, obviously that didn't happen, that it can't happen, but I think it should've. In, you know, an ideal world where there weren't all these rights issues and there were competent writers and people who actually gave a shit and anime fandom wouldn't eat them alive for trying to use somebody else's characters in this day and age.

Butttt....things being what they are, I'm going, "Nobody or nothing because the Shadow Chronicles sucks neeer".
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: If you had a choice   If you had a choice EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:52 pm

incisivis wrote:
Quote :

The problem with Robotech, though, is that [insert names of characters who originally came from a previously-established anime] are still alive in the Shadows era. Some can still be easily handwaved aside, but others, in the "normal" course of making an epic storyline, would have their loose ends tied up. A place for everything and all that crap.

Now, obviously that didn't happen, that it can't happen, but I think it should've. In, you know, an ideal world where there weren't all these rights issues and there were competent writers and people who actually gave a shit and anime fandom wouldn't eat them alive for trying to use somebody else's characters in this day and age.

Butttt....things being what they are, I'm going, "Nobody or nothing because the Shadow Chronicles sucks neeer".

The only way they could get past all this is to do a new series that takes place much later, meaning all the originals are dead, and that's what robotech 3000 was supposed to be. They should of worked on that story and improved it instead of choosing to do the shadow chronicles. But that's just how I see it. If they came up with an entire cast they created themselves and mecha designs, then they could do whatever the hell they want and there wouldn't be these rights issues.
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

PostSubject: Re: If you had a choice   If you had a choice EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 10:55 pm

Mmmyep, we all know that if Harmony Gold wants to actually get shit done, they would probably do better with a reboot or far-flung future or a new series. The Robotech as we know it is dead, outclassed by the group it helped found (anime fandom).

But it's not a state they would have gotten into voluntarily. The ideal thing, which is now impossible, would be to finish the story they started, in the current timeframe, and tie everything up reasonably well.

Ain't. Going. To. Happen. The time for that has passed us by, and given what HG came up with then and now, I don't really have faith that they could have ever gotten things that way.

Maybe that's why this fandom is so screwed up: a lot of people can't see that we're going to be left hanging either way, and always were.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: If you had a choice   If you had a choice EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 11:08 pm

incisivis wrote:
Mmmyep, we all know that if Harmony Gold wants to actually get shit done, they would probably do better with a reboot or far-flung future or a new series. The Robotech as we know it is dead, outclassed by the group it helped found (anime fandom).

But it's not a state they would have gotten into voluntarily. The ideal thing, which is now impossible, would be to finish the story they started, in the current timeframe, and tie everything up reasonably well.

Ain't. Going. To. Happen. The time for that has passed us by, and given what HG came up with then and now, I don't really have faith that they could have ever gotten things that way.

Maybe that's why this fandom is so screwed up: a lot of people can't see that we're going to be left hanging either way, and always were.

pretty much, but it would be nice if someday RT got some kind of continuation or even a reboot, but only if its done right and not by HG
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

PostSubject: Re: If you had a choice   If you had a choice EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 1:27 pm

Oh, that's true. I guess I keep forgetting that angle because I've already put myself into the role of doomsayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you had a choice   If you had a choice Empty

Back to top Go down

If you had a choice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Robotech Series :: The Shadow Chronicles-
Jump to: