Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Azonia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Azonia Empty
PostSubject: Azonia   Azonia EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:37 pm

So yeah what happened with this chick? She was loyal to Breetai and then turned against him for Khyron?
wtf, what exactly happened to cause that? Wasn't she fighting along side Breetai in Force of Arms? or am I mistaken?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

Azonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azonia   Azonia EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:29 pm

She was fighting alongside Breetai in "Force of Arms", yeah.

As for the rest of the question: nobody knows.

She might just be fickle by nature: remember that she first started out loyal to Dolza above all else, and sold out the Earth-based Zentraedi to him: and THEN when she realized that it would be the death of the female fleet, she sided with Breetai.

Still, that doesn't excuse the lack of explanation when it comes to her and Khyron. Why would she go off to be second fiddle to a man she despised? What was it this time that drove Azonia to switch sides again.

We don't get enough of her character to make an educated guess, and by what we do get, she seems rather passive and reactive instead of taking the initiative, which even so, isn't enough to explain why she does what she does.

Honestly, the more l think about Azonia, the more I hate her. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Azonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azonia   Azonia EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:38 pm

Quote :
She might just be fickle by nature: remember that she first started out loyal to Dolza above all else, and sold out the Earth-based Zentraedi to him: and THEN when she realized that it would be the death of the female fleet, she sided with Breetai.

Well this might imply that she's two faced and only cares about herself, but wasn't Khyron the same way?

Quote :
Still, that doesn't excuse the lack of explanation when it comes to her and Khyron. Why would she go off to be second fiddle to a man she despised? What was it this time that drove Azonia to switch sides again.
True it doesnt unless she hated the humans and would rather side with those against them.

Quote :
We don't get enough of her character to make an educated guess, and by what we do get, she seems rather passive and reactive instead of taking the initiative, which even so, isn't enough to explain why she does what she does
No we sure don't, which is too bad though I can assume it's the same way in the original macross series.

Quote :
Honestly, the more l think about Azonia, the more I hate her. Razz
I don't hate her I just find her very uninteresting and just an overall snooze fest of a character.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

Azonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azonia   Azonia EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Quote :
Well this might imply that she's two faced and only cares about herself, but wasn't Khyron the same way?

At their cores, yeah. But the difference is, Azonia requires motivation to bring out her two-faced side. Grin

Azonia, from what little we see of her early in the series, apparently likes to fancy herself as the loyal one, the good one, which is why she initially despises Khyron and snitches on the Earth-based Zentraedi to Dolza, and maybe why she refuses to show any interest or understanding of what's happening around her.

But when she realizes (which she should have from the start) that her female fleet would also be in danger from Dolza, she shows her true colours and goes over to Breetai's side because she's afraid of getting blown up.

Though that part of the story still seems a little poorly-written to me, given that it makes Azonia look like a complete idiot not to realize that her fleet would be in danger.

Ultimately, I do think Azonia is self-serving, though she probably views herself in a much different light, and probably can justify her multiple defections to herself.

Quote :
True it doesnt unless she hated the humans and would rather side with those against them.

Right. And honestly, we just don't know what Azonia's opinion is of all the shit going down with the male fleet, whether she's personally opposed or not, or just doesn't care.

Azonia being a stoolie for Dolza may suggest that she did not approve of what was happening to the Zentraedi, or at least knew that the high command wouldn't approve and so wanted to agree with it/them over her own people.

But on the other hand, her loyalty can't be that strong if she wasn't willing to be "cleansed", too, and it would be stupid of her to think that she could survive a second attempt to get in good with the high command.

Then I get to thinking: maybe she isn't stupid, but desperate: Azonia refuses to make a new place for herself in the human world, wanting instead to recapture that oldtime Zentraedi status that is really gone forever.

Maybe Azonia doesn't give a damn about what the Micronians are doing or not: all she knows is that her old life is falling apart and she wants it back. Nothing else matters.

And Khyron appears to promise that, a fact which makes her overlook her hate for him.

im thinking

But a lot of this is just speculation at the end of the day, so it's no replacement for some kind of canonical statement.

And it still wouldn't explain how exactly Azonia came into contact with Khyron after the Rain of Death, or why she modified her uniform.

And this is all pretty much the same in the original Macross series, which I have seen and blah, blah, blah.

I guess I hate Azonia because she does seem to be close-minded and weak-willed, and the story never calls her out on it...she's just kind of, "there".

It's worse because she and Miriya are the only major female Zentraedi in the whole series, and I don't like either of them.

Honestly, as big a Zentard as I am, I only really like Exedore, Breetai, Kazianna, Rico, Bron, and Konda...
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
Dread
sentinel
Dread

Azonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azonia   Azonia EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:30 am

Actually, Azonia is one of the less obvious and sadder tragedies of the Macross Saga.

She starts out as the consumate Zentreadi commander, loyal to Dolza and the Masters. As stated, she goes so far as to betray Breetai and company to Dolza, only to find out that she has been lumped into the same category with them. She sees one of her soldiers find and experience love with a micronian, and both the betrayal and the love Myria finds start wheels turning in her head. Then, her nature as a warrior is unquenched, except by the one Zentreadi commander who stays "true" to the Zent ideals of continuing the fight. All of that is realized when she joins Khyron. Khyron throws the summer sausage down the hallway, and then both of them are joined at the hip.

Azonia's one failing was that she never chose her own path. She kept reacting to what situations were developing around her and ended up on the wrong stick all together.

Pardon the inuendo...
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

Azonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azonia   Azonia EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Doubly tragic is the fact that her own feelings were triggered by a psychotic. Odd...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Azonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azonia   Azonia Empty

Back to top Go down

Azonia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Robotech Series :: The Macross Saga-
Jump to: