Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who fucking cares?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Who fucking cares? Empty
PostSubject: Who fucking cares?   Who fucking cares? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:31 am

This rant probably belongs in complains but I really don't give shit lol

now, let me get straight to the point.. I am so sick of hearing about Shadow Rising
OMG WHEN IS SHADOW RISING COMING OUT? SHADOW RISING IS ON HIATUS WUZ DAT MEEN!!!? OMMGG WHEN ARE WE GONNA SEE SHADOW RISING?

first, shut the fuck up, second if you're so obsessed with wanting to see a sequel to a fucking piece of shit that dares to call itself robotech, then grab the nearest fucking bottle of pills and OD on them fuckers, please Neutral

Shadow Chronicles was shit, Shadow Rising is going to be shit, how do I know this? Not from the leaked draft, but someone tell me how the fuck is the sequel going to be better? We'll still see the same shitty ass characters as before, MOAR boobs in our fucking faces, and story ideas are complete and utter crap.

So fuck shadow rising, the only place it's coming out, is Tommy Yune's asshole
so all you fucknuts obsessing over, better open your mouths wide huh?
fuck this shadow chronicles love fest fucking circle jerk too
and I hope those of you who read this and love TSC get pissed off, just means moar lulz for me
anjd if you dont like me? fuck you I dont care, you can kiss my ass, because I stand by my opinion and I hope Shadow Rising NEVER sees the light of fucking day

Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

Who fucking cares? Empty
PostSubject: Hostility ahoy! The voice of reason intrudes...   Who fucking cares? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 5:25 am

happypenguins wrote:
now, let me get straight to the point.. I am so sick of hearing about Shadow Rising
OMG WHEN IS SHADOW RISING COMING OUT? SHADOW RISING IS ON HIATUS WUZ DAT MEEN!!!? OMMGG WHEN ARE WE GONNA SEE SHADOW RISING?
Aren't we all?

Unfortunately, unless you intend to quit the Robotech fandom altogether and/or jump ship to the Macross fandom, you're not going to be able to completely avoid the inane bleating about Shadow Rising which passes for conversation in the fanbase these days. Due in large measure to the ineptitude of Robotech's creators, the allegedly-forthcoming Shadow Rising movie is essentially the sole prospect for the continuation of the story of the "original" Robotech series. Because Harmony Gold was unwilling to let the franchise die with dignity Macek delivered a string of failures, and kept promising a continuation of the story, what remained of the Robotech fanbase was thrilled when, after 25 years, they finally got news about a Robotech sequel that didn't start with "Due to circumstances beyond our control...". Tommy made the mistake of saying that there was already a sequel being planned, and offering a two year turnaround time back in '07.

So, now that Tommy wrote off his original estimate as unfounded speculation on his part and there's been no news except that it's on hiatus while Harmony Gold waits for Warner to fix their shitty reputation, the optimistic fans who thought that Shadow Chronicles being billed as the first film in a trilogy meant Robotech was making the long-promised comeback with more regular releases now have big ol' Robotech blue balls. They're whining about Shadow Rising because it's the ONLY prospect for the continuation of the animated series, and it's on hold... leaving them in even worse condition than they were in the 90s, when they at least mercifully had a steady stream of incredibly bad comic books to distract them from Carl Macek's embarrassing failures. Because their favorite franchise can't get its act together, they've got big ol' Robotech blue balls, and obsessively asking if there's any news about Shadow Rising is the only way to feel like there's some kind of forward motion in the franchise that isn't just Tommy Yune sodomizing their wallets for yet another overpriced toy.

happypenguins wrote:
Shadow Chronicles was shit, Shadow Rising is going to be shit, how do I know this? Not from the leaked draft, but someone tell me how the fuck is the sequel going to be better? We'll still see the same shitty ass characters as before, MOAR boobs in our fucking faces, and story ideas are complete and utter crap.
While I agree with you that the Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles movie was shit, that the Robotech: Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles comic was no better, and that Robotech: Shadow Rising is essentially guaranteed to be more of same... I feel it would be remiss of me in my role as the resident voice of reason, knowledge, and that rarest of commodities... common sense... to point out that, honestly, Tommy Yune's Shadow Chronicles is a lot less retarded than what Carl Macek had envisioned for Robotech's future. I invite you to pick up (and read) a copy of Robotech Art 3 sometime. Scans of it have been on the internet for ages in the event that you're too lazy to buy a copy on eBay. Read the section where he outlines what he'd come up with for the story of Robotech II: the Sentinels. After you've done that, you'll probably agree that the show's abrupt cancellation was the best thing that could possibly have happened to it. Similarly, the retardation quotient in Robotech 3000 is no less severe, with the overall plot being that in the year 3000 the Invid flowers of life are sick of being used for fuel and start to attack humans by mutating the mecha they power into monsters.

Compared to those two crimes against the science fiction genre and the cinematic arts as a whole, Tommy Yune's Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles doesn't seem nearly as bad. Is the premise stupid as all hell? Yes. Are the characters completely unlikeable? You bet. Does the plot read like something out of a D- term project from some community college creative writing class? Absolutely. Is the dialogue as hopelessly stilted as a bad Star Trek fan-fict? Fuck yeah. Despite all those faults, Shadow Chronicles still probably comes out smelling of roses if you're sadistic enough to compare it to Sentinels and Robotech 3000 first.

Yeah, Shadow Chronicles had shitty characters, pointless T&A everywhere, ugly character designs, bargain basement CG, recycled music, and the sort of plot you'd expect from a crossover fan-fic written by a Trekkie with severe head trauma... but it was new, and it had the Robotech name on the box... and at the end of the day, that's all the majority of Robotech fans really care about anymore. They waited 25 years for it, so they didn't care about the quality anymore, if they ever did in the first place. They're going to keep harping on the Shadow Rising project because it's the only chance they have of seeing the story continued.
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Who fucking cares? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who fucking cares?   Who fucking cares? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:14 am

Seto Kaiba wrote:
happypenguins wrote:
Aren't we all?

Unfortunately, unless you intend to quit the Robotech fandom altogether and/or jump ship to the Macross fandom, you're not going to be able to completely avoid the inane bleating about Shadow Rising which passes for conversation in the fanbase these days. Due in large measure to the ineptitude of Robotech's creators, the allegedly-forthcoming Shadow Rising movie is essentially the sole prospect for the continuation of the story of the "original" Robotech series. Because Harmony Gold was unwilling to let the franchise die with dignity Macek delivered a string of failures, and kept promising a continuation of the story, what remained of the Robotech fanbase was thrilled when, after 25 years, they finally got news about a Robotech sequel that didn't start with "Due to circumstances beyond our control...". Tommy made the mistake of saying that there was already a sequel being planned, and offering a two year turnaround time back in '07.

So, now that Tommy wrote off his original estimate as unfounded speculation on his part and there's been no news except that it's on hiatus while Harmony Gold waits for Warner to fix their shitty reputation, the optimistic fans who thought that Shadow Chronicles being billed as the first film in a trilogy meant Robotech was making the long-promised comeback with more regular releases now have big ol' Robotech blue balls. They're whining about Shadow Rising because it's the ONLY prospect for the continuation of the animated series, and it's on hold... leaving them in even worse condition than they were in the 90s, when they at least mercifully had a steady stream of incredibly bad comic books to distract them from Carl Macek's embarrassing failures. Because their favorite franchise can't get its act together, they've got big ol' Robotech blue balls, and obsessively asking if there's any news about Shadow Rising is the only way to feel like there's some kind of forward motion in the franchise that isn't just Tommy Yune sodomizing their wallets for yet another overpriced toy.

happypenguins wrote:
While I agree with you that the Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles movie was shit, that the Robotech: Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles comic was no better, and that Robotech: Shadow Rising is essentially guaranteed to be more of same... I feel it would be remiss of me in my role as the resident voice of reason, knowledge, and that rarest of commodities... common sense... to point out that, honestly, Tommy Yune's Shadow Chronicles is a lot less retarded than what Carl Macek had envisioned for Robotech's future. I invite you to pick up (and read) a copy of Robotech Art 3 sometime. Scans of it have been on the internet for ages in the event that you're too lazy to buy a copy on eBay. Read the section where he outlines what he'd come up with for the story of Robotech II: the Sentinels. After you've done that, you'll probably agree that the show's abrupt cancellation was the best thing that could possibly have happened to it. Similarly, the retardation quotient in Robotech 3000 is no less severe, with the overall plot being that in the year 3000 the Invid flowers of life are sick of being used for fuel and start to attack humans by mutating the mecha they power into monsters.

Compared to those two crimes against the science fiction genre and the cinematic arts as a whole, Tommy Yune's Robotech: the Shadow Chronicles doesn't seem nearly as bad. Is the premise stupid as all hell? Yes. Are the characters completely unlikeable? You bet. Does the plot read like something out of a D- term project from some community college creative writing class? Absolutely. Is the dialogue as hopelessly stilted as a bad Star Trek fan-fict? Fuck yeah. Despite all those faults, Shadow Chronicles still probably comes out smelling of roses if you're sadistic enough to compare it to Sentinels and Robotech 3000 first.

Yeah, Shadow Chronicles had shitty characters, pointless T&A everywhere, ugly character designs, bargain basement CG, recycled music, and the sort of plot you'd expect from a crossover fan-fic written by a Trekkie with severe head trauma... but it was new, and it had the Robotech name on the box... and at the end of the day, that's all the majority of Robotech fans really care about anymore. They waited 25 years for it, so they didn't care about the quality anymore, if they ever did in the first place. They're going to keep harping on the Shadow Rising project because it's the only chance they have of seeing the story continued.

Oh trust me I know, and I do have a copy of Robotech Art 3, when I was really getting into it I bought all kinds of old merchandise including the shitty comics. And I have to agree that a lot of the ideas for the sentinels were pretty screwy, like going on an acid trip, but then again some of the ideas I thought were okay. I do think the sentinels series could of been the death of RT just based on some of those plot directions alone, but still it would have been nice to see it completed. Robotech 3000 was even crazier, so I am glad they never decided to go through with it, because it would of done the same damage the sentinels could have. But it's just sad they spent all this time just to give us something as cheap and horrible as the shadow chronicles, and it makes me sick that fans are willing to accept this. derp oh it's Robotech I don't care how bad you think it is! But I see and understand why they just accept it and have that "it's better than nothing" attitude, but in all seriousness, TSC seems like a bad joke.. hell bad dream even.. and I remember all the hype it got before it was released.. and sadly I was amongst those who believed it would live up to the originals.. HAH.. was I ever wrong...

I was only drawn in because of my interest in Scott Bernard & Ariel cause I thought oh how cool would it be to see them again? This was when I got my first blurry glimpse of them, cause someone from a con took pics of the teaser, and right away when I saw Ariel with the huge rack I thought.. oh dear god this isn't going to be the same. It got even worse when I saw the first pics of Janice. I kept thinking "okay two big breasted women... not really robotech but I'll still give it a chance". Then I saw the Regess with a rack and was all wth okay now I'm really starting not to like where this is going..
and of course the shitty CG in the first trailer was another put off, but like the others I waited for the final product and once it was released around the time of my 22nd birthday I asked my boyfriend to get it for me. so when I finally saw it, I wanted to raeg Not only did the story not make a single bit of fucking sense.. even my boyfriend who watched the original 85 with me agreed that TSC plot didnt make sense and he couldnt tell what the fuck was going on. And hes real big into scifi like me so he likes to follow the storylines, but this one he just couldnt. So yeah when other fans say this movie was amazing and that Tommy is a god or whatever, I just dont fucking get them. This movie was cheaply made, had no effort or dedication AT ALL, and it's a mockery of the RT I came to love, and that's my opinion plain and simple.

As for the prelude comics? I did want them at one time, but then I started reading the reviews from Captain JLS's blog and that made me change my mind pretty damn fast.
It's also funny HG is selling them again, because in their eyes TSC is a best seller and the fans they have brainwashed with their bullshit will buy them and anything else they shit out.
speaking of which, I dont know how having Carl back is going to benefit them now, they've already dug themselves a grave for the franchise so I guess the live action movie is the only thing they can hold on to. Oh LOL but how much longer? Is it getting made? Do they even have a choice for a Director? No of course they dont because its in development hell and HG doesnt want fans to know that because it would only hurt them more.

But yes, until then it will be shadow rising this, shadow rising that.... thank god i am banned from RT.com eh? as for RTX, I hope that by posting some of my own crap, it will at least make them shut up about it for the time being.
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

Who fucking cares? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who fucking cares?   Who fucking cares? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Put me in the group who doesn't think that Carl Macek could have "saved" Robotech, either...then or now. The concepts for The Sentinels were largely uninspired or outright stupid, yeah. It's probably a sense of "the devil you know" when people say they want Macek back.

But on the other hand, I don't believe that Tommy Yune's "vision" is, even if by a microscopic hair, any kind of improvement over The Sentinels stuff. The best that Yune has managed to do was put a thin veneer of newness and "mature" design over a similar kind of sci-fi pap.

And before you ask, I have read the "Sentinels Library" fairly recently (including the comics, novels, scriptbooks, and RT Art 3), and I did try to rewatch The Shadow Chronicles after now being mired in Robotech minutae. TSC I couldn't finish because....it was just so bland and lifeless I couldn't even work up the anger that Robotech veterans are feeling at the moment.

The Sentinels, well, I do believe in everything I saw about the flaws in the concept and execution, but I find a spark of life in it that is absent from TSC. The Sentinels might not be the challenge to the mediocrity of 80s TV animation in the US that Macek brags about it being in his introduction to Robotech Art 3, but it's good for some shallow entertainment, at least as much as the original Transformers cartoon (which Macek contradictorily takes swipes at in his intro).

You're probably going to murder me for this, but I still like reading the Sentinels novels and watching the Sentinels "pilot". No, it's not quality entertainment, but as long as I'm aware of that, it shouldn't matter.

And Happy is probably going to murder me for this, but at the end of the day, I do feel a little sorry for the people who want Shadow Rising so badly, even as I blame them for being unable to read the writing on the wall and see that it's never going to come.

I ask why the new Robotech continuity couldn't just be continued as a comic, of course, but it may just be some mouth-breathers on both sides who believe that unless it's a cartoon, it's not a "true" Robotech continuation.
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Who fucking cares? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who fucking cares?   Who fucking cares? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:08 pm

incisivis wrote:
Put me in the group who doesn't think that Carl Macek could have "saved" Robotech, either...then or now. The concepts for The Sentinels were largely uninspired or outright stupid, yeah. It's probably a sense of "the devil you know" when people say they want Macek back.

But on the other hand, I don't believe that Tommy Yune's "vision" is, even if by a microscopic hair, any kind of improvement over The Sentinels stuff. The best that Yune has managed to do was put a thin veneer of newness and "mature" design over a similar kind of sci-fi pap.

And before you ask, I have read the "Sentinels Library" fairly recently (including the comics, novels, scriptbooks, and RT Art 3), and I did try to rewatch The Shadow Chronicles after now being mired in Robotech minutae. TSC I couldn't finish because....it was just so bland and lifeless I couldn't even work up the anger that Robotech veterans are feeling at the moment.

The Sentinels, well, I do believe in everything I saw about the flaws in the concept and execution, but I find a spark of life in it that is absent from TSC. The Sentinels might not be the challenge to the mediocrity of 80s TV animation in the US that Macek brags about it being in his introduction to Robotech Art 3, but it's good for some shallow entertainment, at least as much as the original Transformers cartoon (which Macek contradictorily takes swipes at in his intro).

You're probably going to murder me for this, but I still like reading the Sentinels novels and watching the Sentinels "pilot". No, it's not quality entertainment, but as long as I'm aware of that, it shouldn't matter.

And Happy is probably going to murder me for this, but at the end of the day, I do feel a little sorry for the people who want Shadow Rising so badly, even as I blame them for being unable to read the writing on the wall and see that it's never going to come.

I ask why the new Robotech continuity couldn't just be continued as a comic, of course, but it may just be some mouth-breathers on both sides who believe that unless it's a cartoon, it's not a "true" Robotech continuation.

No I won't murder you lol Razz I feel sorry for them too, cause quality doesnt seem to matter to them anymore.
Back to top Go down
whitehall l33t
zentraedi spy

Who fucking cares? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who fucking cares?   Who fucking cares? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Just for shits and giggles, i was looking at the Anime Pulse forums and searched for Robotech, and found this little gem, that may or may not already be something you guys have already seen

http://www.anime-pulse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6892&highlight=robotech

The highlight was this little line:
In an interview,[6] Harmony Gold representative Kevin McKeever said that Warner Brothers had approached Harmony Gold about the project, that Harmony Gold would have "a say" in its creative direction, and that it was not expected to affect the production schedule for Shadow Rising

So.. somehow we have gone from, Oh, its not gonna affect anything at all to... ya, we are being delayed because WB wants us to.

Would love to find out the evolution of that position. Or was it always HGs plan to take 4+ years to release Shadow Rising, which knowing them and their poor management skills wouldnt surprise me either!
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Who fucking cares? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who fucking cares?   Who fucking cares? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:16 pm

whitehall l33t wrote:
Just for shits and giggles, i was looking at the Anime Pulse forums and searched for Robotech, and found this little gem, that may or may not already be something you guys have already seen

http://www.anime-pulse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6892&highlight=robotech

The highlight was this little line:
In an interview,[6] Harmony Gold representative Kevin McKeever said that Warner Brothers had approached Harmony Gold about the project, that Harmony Gold would have "a say" in its creative direction, and that it was not expected to affect the production schedule for Shadow Rising

So.. somehow we have gone from, Oh, its not gonna affect anything at all to... ya, we are being delayed because WB wants us to.

Would love to find out the evolution of that position. Or was it always HGs plan to take 4+ years to release Shadow Rising, which knowing them and their poor management skills wouldnt surprise me either!

Actually I heard from a little birdy, that HG has no creative say in the live action movie =]
All they can do is promote it, that's it
Back to top Go down
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

Who fucking cares? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who fucking cares?   Who fucking cares? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 am

Ok here's my take. Robotech in essences is a fluke. Let me explain, and bear in mind this is only my opinion, based on my perception. Robotech is made from three separate anime, Macross, Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber. Robotech took the three existing stories and found a simple way of tying them together, in order to make an 85 episode anime. I know, I've left out alot of factors that went into shaping Robotech here and there and there are lots of holes and continuity issues, but the over all story plays out well, due to the original under laying stories. My point is that Robotech already had a foundation for which the writers adapted into the story that we know as Robotech.

So what em I getting at here? Simple, any new story for Robotech would be just that, new story. Not an adaptation of an existing anime with an underlaying story, but new, untouched story! Now don't get me wrong, there is plenty of fan fiction out there that one can call new story, and some of it, quick good! The problem is that HG, as evidenced by the simplicity of Sentinels and Shadow Chronicles, can't write a story on level with the complexity and maturity that became Robotech, the original 85. HG can only produce simplistic, and dumbed down story. Fans want complex and intelligent story. So were does that leave us, the fans? It leaves us on a short rope with our hopes of a continuation and or new story for our beloved Robotech.

Lets face it, anime on TV today has really backslid in thinking that kids today will not get complex story lines. it was he same back when Robotech first aired! What we need is another fluke! A story that take's place with in the Robotech universe! Whether that story takes place in the past, like UEG productions envisioned, takes place in between sagas, as some fan fictions do, or takes us to the future, doesn't mater! We need WB, fans, some one, who can write a engaging, complex, mature, story that captures our imagination the way Robotech originally did!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who fucking cares? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who fucking cares?   Who fucking cares? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who fucking cares?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Welcome Center :: Small Talk :: P.A.H.G-
Jump to: