Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Okay i am curious

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Okay i am curious Empty
PostSubject: Okay i am curious   Okay i am curious EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:35 am

i know they have a movie-like openeing to the snetinels where RIck and Lsia finally marry each other and Max flys a blue alpha and such on...

but is the rest of what happens animated or what, if it is animed how would i find a copy of it?

any info will help
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Okay i am curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay i am curious   Okay i am curious EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:14 pm

all the footage was edited into a 1 hr movie, and I think if you buy the Robotech protoculture box set, it comes with it
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com

Okay i am curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay i am curious   Okay i am curious EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:37 pm

thats what i have is the PC edition

so thats it huh, thats all the animated part of the sentinles huh?

oh wel, i suppsoe i could always look for the PS2 vdeo game if it was made like they said they would

i have RT battlecry on gcn though (only system i had back then)

and eprsoanlly flying around as a max-color VF-1S was fun....or as a miriya-color

btw: VF-1J is my fave but VF-1s had moreuses in that game, so i used it a lot
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

Okay i am curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay i am curious   Okay i am curious EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:03 am

I remember way back when Palladium books was pretty much doing anything with Robotech and they actually were the first ones to release The Sentinels on video tape, I think it was the first time Palladium put out a video, they even went on and released some New Gen and if I remember correctly some Masters stuff. I remember watching that Sentinels tape over and over agian. (I was still young and it was the only new animated Robotech out there.)
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

Okay i am curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay i am curious   Okay i am curious EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Yeah...some of the completed footage for The Sentinels was edited with some Macross Saga footage into a short "pilot" movie. It was released on VHS a long time ago, and then on DVD, but only as part of the Robotech Legacy and Robotech Protoculture Collection box sets.

If you've got no problem with watching it streaming, the Sentinels "pilot" is on Youtube, starting with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfdwwIZweIc

But if you are even more curious, it was adapted into novel (completed) and comics (not completed) form.
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
Star Dragon
robotech master
Star Dragon

Okay i am curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay i am curious   Okay i am curious EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 5:59 pm

I pretty much liked the Sentinels.

A lot of the voice acting was sub par (like they rushed it, individual lines, phoned it in whatever)

Plus Miriya's VA sucked (Brooklyn accent anyone?) and they fucked her hair with a weed wacker or something!

Sad thing was HG ran out of money!

I bought the DVD... At first I was so excited thinking we'd get the whole series of books made into dvds.

I had all the novels , the original (non remastered) Macross set of dvd's Masters and TNG on VHS and the art books and palladium RPGs.

They only thing I didn't buy was the toys cause I got out of Battletech 10 years earlier...

So I spent a nice chunk of change on Robotech over the years.
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

Okay i am curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay i am curious   Okay i am curious EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:09 pm

I'm halfway to being ashamed to admitting it, but The Sentinels are probably the reason I'm posting here.

'Cause, well, that continuity has a ton of problems, in terms of design, plotting, characterization, yadda, yadda. I'm not denying that.

But the Sentinels novels were the only continuity that had a post-Macross storyline for Exedore which didn't completely suck. I know that he's not popular, but he's *my* favourite character in the franchise, so I was like, "Finally!" I had something to build on, play with, and explore, beyond the TV series.

(and, yes, I include his Macross re-imagining in the "suck" category, thankyouverymuch)

Also, I liked Kazianna Hesh, and the idea of Breetai having a love interest. It worked 'fer me, though it could have been a horrible disaster.

All of which isn't in the animation or anything, but I like watching that, too, even if Buckethead Breetai makes me cringe. I'd like for it to have been remastered.

Everything else? No, it's pretty stupid. I'll elaborate after a while.
Back to top Go down
Star Dragon
robotech master
Star Dragon

Okay i am curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay i am curious   Okay i am curious EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:03 am

I actually found that awesome that Breetai got to knock someone up...

YOU GO BREETAI, GET SOME!

(and she was willing! Bonus!)

Smile
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

Okay i am curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay i am curious   Okay i am curious EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:23 am

Kazianna rules you.

And me.

And everybody else.
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

Okay i am curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay i am curious   Okay i am curious EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:49 am

Ever read the scripts for Episodes #1-8?

The debate between Exedore and Leonard was COMPLETELY OPPOSITE what was dubbed in the movie.

Exedore was the one worrying about the REF leaving, and Leonard was insisting that his forces would be more than enough for Earth's defense - though Edwards' stealing the mecha meant to arm the stay-behind Defense Forces to up-weapon the SDF-3 made that impossible.

The Irony was that, while it meant that it screwed the Southern Cross (remember, the lab reports on the bioroids showed that missiles were the most effective anti-bioroid weapons - and what do Alphas have a shit-load of), it probably saved the REF from being killed outright by the Invid.
Back to top Go down
http://home.kih.net/~sbundy/
Sponsored content

Okay i am curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay i am curious   Okay i am curious Empty

Back to top Go down

Okay i am curious
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotech: The Lost Universe :: Robotech Series :: The Sentinels-
Jump to: