Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yes masters sucked

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Yes masters sucked Empty
PostSubject: Yes masters sucked   Yes masters sucked EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:21 am

But do you think it could of been better if Nova had been the main character?
and Dana was either minor or non existent? lol

The only characters I even cared for in masters were, marie crystal, nova, zor and musica
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

Yes masters sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes masters sucked   Yes masters sucked EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Yes masters sucked 157755 yep that about sums it up for me.
Back to top Go down
mage
mage

Yes masters sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes masters sucked   Yes masters sucked EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 5:03 am

it seems that in the masters saga a characters significance is determined by how over-done the hair was. you think Nova can wear the Fro? victory

Yes masters sucked Dana210

Yes masters sucked Nova210
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

Yes masters sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes masters sucked   Yes masters sucked EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 5:27 am

Probably not, but why should she....shes hot the way she is lol
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

Yes masters sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes masters sucked   Yes masters sucked EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 5:39 am

I really don't think we can blame most of the problems with Robotech's Masters Saga on Robotech's editors though. A fair bit of it comes to us directly from the original source material... Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross. Jeanne Francaix was obnoxious as hell in the original, and it carried over when she became Dana Sterling in the Robotech adaptation process.

I get the impression that Carl Macek and company realized how unlikeable the character of Jeanne Francaix was, and that her main appeal in the original was periodic nudity, so they did their best to give her alternate appeal in the form of an arbitrary relation to a much more likable set of characters (namely, those of the Macross Saga).

Southern Cross had a lot of problems, and most of them survived the adaptation process intact. The main character trio of Jeanne Francaix, Lana Istvana, and Marie Angel really devolved into Jeanne Francaix and two minor background characters, reducing the screen time of the two far more likable members of the trio. The rest of the background characters were horribly unlikable because they existed mainly as either "straight man" comic foils for her pranks, or as victims of her particular sense of humor. The character and mecha designs didn't really wow anyone either, and the story trailed off into a clusterfuck before being canceled altogether.

If anything, I think that Southern Cross is the only example of the source material being improved by its inclusion in Robotech, though only due to its association with two other, far better shows that give you an incentive to watch it if only to string the plot of each end together.

The really sad part is that Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross had potential. A lot of the early draft mechanical and character designs were a lot better than the final versions that made it into the show, and has the story not been truncated after the show was canceled, it would've had a much better ending too... where the human forces on Glorie discover that the invading Zor are really the descendants of temporally-displaced human space colonists.
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
mage
mage

Yes masters sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes masters sucked   Yes masters sucked EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 5:49 am

Seto Kaiba wrote:
it would've had a much better ending too... where the human forces on Glorie discover that the invading Zor are really the descendants of temporally-displaced human space colonists.

i would have really liked to see that show had it been done right i dont think so
Back to top Go down
Star Dragon
robotech master
Star Dragon

Yes masters sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes masters sucked   Yes masters sucked EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 1:20 pm

God I thought Nova was the hottest woman in the show...

If only she'd take that stick outta her ass, it'd do wonders for her personality.

It seems CPT Komodo wasn't the only lovesick person for her?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yes masters sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes masters sucked   Yes masters sucked Empty

Back to top Go down

Yes masters sucked
Page 1 of 1