Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A few thoughts on TSC

Go down 
+2
incisivis
Aladdin Sane
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aladdin Sane
micronian
Aladdin Sane

A few thoughts on TSC Empty
PostSubject: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 7:00 pm

So I finally got around to watching TSC last night, and for the most part I thought it was kinda okay. I didn't love it, but I didn't really hate it either; for the most part I was entertained throughout the 80 minutes and at $0 I figure I got my money's worth. The music was pretty good, the CGI was meh, pretty much all the characters were forgetable but as someone that kinda liked Masters it was neat to see Louie again.

The thing that really bugged me, though, was the anatomy and some of the outfits. The three original series that Robotech used featured reasonably realistically proportioned characters, which I liked, but then we come to TSC and everyone's a generic Buff McManly or Tits McGee with flightsuits that look like they were spraypainted on with revealing holes where they're just silly. It feels like a superhero comic and, while I like superhero comics and don't mind that kind of shit there it just doesn't fit Robotech.

A few thoughts on TSC Shadowrobotech021
Power Girl of Earth-85?

Oh, and humans are really quick to be xenophobic. "OMG SHE'S AN INVID, KILL HER! YOU'RE A TRAITOR SCOTT, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D FALL FOR AN ENEMY ALIEN. NOW I'M GONNA GO TRY ANOTHER CHEESY LINE ON MY HALF-ZENTR...ALIEN COMMANDER!". "Wait, no, she was right; THAT ANDROID'S PART-HAYDONITE, GET IT!".
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 7:27 pm

(looks at picture)

Hey Ariel, Janice: Which one of you was which again? crosseyed
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Finally got to see it eh? To me it just didn't feel like Robotech at all, I mean they didn't have the music, nothing even close to the original score! The characters were very forgettable, they had no personality at all, nothing unique about them. A lot of the story made no sense, especially those damn inconsistencies with the originals! And yes the character designs were atrocious
biggest eyesore next to that cheap CG.

All in all this was a half assed movie, and it shows. I find it hard to believe in the making of this turd, the creators actually made it sound like they gave it their all. They didn't, if they had actually dedicated themselves to this project
it would of been a bigger success. This movie was not robotech in essence, just robotech in name. But again HG tries to sell anything with the robotech name on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
khoroshen
zentraedi
khoroshen

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:59 pm

In that screen cap... Scott looks upset cos he didn't get new boobs...
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:19 am

khoroshen wrote:
In that screen cap... Scott looks upset cos he didn't get new boobs...

aww, maybe I should make him happy?
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:07 am

Hey, isn't that the scene where Scott changes wardrobe from one frame to the next?
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
Aladdin Sane
micronian
Aladdin Sane

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:27 am

happypenguins wrote:
I mean they didn't have the music, nothing even close to the original score!

Yeah, there was a few times where certain things'd start to happen and I'd expect big, epic versions of older tracks to kick in. The original series used specific pieces of music for specific types of events throughout the entire run or, at least, within generations and while I thought the music for the movie was decent, using reworked versions of those tracks would've helped it fit in better with the series and give it more of a Robotech vibe.

incisivis wrote:
Hey, isn't that the scene where Scott changes wardrobe from one frame to the next?

I just went back and checked and yeah, it is. There's a wide shot of Vince turning and talking to Scott, Ariel and Janice where he looks like this:

A few thoughts on TSC Vlcsnap2009102515h16m25

then it cuts in closer on them and he's got his armour on as seen in the picture in my original post. Haha, I hadn't noticed that last night. Pretty sloppy.

Last edited by Aladdin Sane on Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:29 am

A few thoughts on TSC Scottboobs-1
Now he's happy!
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:31 am

Nice, now he fit's in perfectly!!!
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:55 am

mecha2241-
RE: Your sig, combined with the topic of the thread, as it has drifted....

"...And you know, the river where they are having the" (1996 Olympics) "Kayak races on, is the same one where they filmed "Deliverance". Now, if Ned Beatty couldn't make it down that river, then a Frenchman in bicycle pants hasn't got a prayer..."
-Jeff Foxworthy, "Games Rednecks Play"
Back to top Go down
http://home.kih.net/~sbundy/
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:22 am

Nice one Basara. Also, I just noticed how perfect Janice's expression works with the modified pic. lol
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 3:57 pm

yeah it does work with the modified pic hurr its like shes thinking "why does he have boobs?"
Back to top Go down
Aladdin Sane
micronian
Aladdin Sane

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:36 pm

That, or "Why aren't mine that big?".
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:17 am

Yeah, "why does he have boobs, and are they bigger than mine?"
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:29 am

mecha2241 wrote:
Yeah, "why does he have boobs, and are they bigger than mine?"

bigger than Ariel and Janice's combined hurr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few thoughts on TSC   A few thoughts on TSC Empty

Back to top Go down

A few thoughts on TSC
Page 1 of 1