Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zen72
Zen72

Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response.. Empty
PostSubject: Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response..   Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response.. EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Well it seems that Maverick has decided to respond to my RandomCast;

Well "Anonymous" that is...

Quote :
Anonymous said...

JT, you have way too much pent up anger in your podcasts. Mav is not bad at all, and your responses to him is making you look more like the fool every time I listen. He helped to bring Robotech to the Space channel up here in Canada. Many canadians respect him for that. Cut him some slack, he knows what he's talking about.

I'll take this one on statement by statement...

Quote :
JT, you have way too much pent up anger in your podcasts.

The RandomCasts are meant for me to be a bit more "looser" and hit the opinionated meter into overdrive. I DO state this at the beginning of each RandomCast. And YES, I do show my annoyed and passionate side with things. Now I'm not a fan that believes he is "owed" anything, I just exercise my right to an opinion just like any other fan and I do realize that there will be those who disagree with it.

And somehow...my doc tells me I hold it in too much!

Quote :
Mav is not bad at all, and your responses to him is making you look more like the fool every time I listen.

Hmm...not bad at all? I do remember a time when for simply disagreeing with you....uhh I mean Maverick on the subject of Macross rights......you...sorry Maverick said the following...

Quote :
"...I'll know for a fact that the lot of you have OCD! And I don't need proof because your behaviors are proof enough."

Now, if I'm a fool for my responses to him, the preceding statement by Maverick would make him an incredibly ignorant animal...so I guess that makes us just about even...

And by the way...I applaud you Maverick...I mean "Anonymous" for exercising your right to an opinion...just bear in mind...you'll find some that actually disagree with you...seems Maverick has a hard time with that.

Quote :
He helped to bring Robotech to the Space channel up here in Canada. Many canadians respect him for that. Cut him some slack, he knows what he's talking about.

That's a great thing for Robotech fans and I mean that.......so I guess that gives you...sorry I keep forgetting to say Maverick...absolutely full license to say whatever you want about Robotech, the franchise and the fandom and that the general public should bow their heads and say "Yes Mav...you do know what you're talking about."

And I guess that also gives you...I mean him free license to relay to me;

Quote :
You sir are a fucking idiot and a waste of a human being.
So how many cocks did you suck to get this standing on Macrossworld. Dumb ass!!!

Tough guy...if that's a proposition....I'll pass..to each is own on Maverick's "rooster" fixation...LOL!

Hmm...I think I'll stick to my own opinions about Robotech and not impose them on anyone...the diversity of opinion you know. Wink

About cutting him some slack,...hey I did retire The Robotech Word of the Show...one of my favorite segments!

Fans have OCD....you know what's important in life better than the rest.....fans are misguided.....Paramount is quaking in their boots...rooster fixations...

OPEN MOUTH INSERT FOOT HERE. face palm

And one more thing.....how about explaining your new "hobby" of stalking members of Macross World???....You must have some sort of explanation for that? ALL IN ONE DAY! As Seto Kaiba would say(you know, the guy you accuse of causing you pain and suffering)...inquiring minds want to know!

In the end....Maverick... I mean you will have his opinions...I'll have mine...others will have theirs...not everyone is going to agree!

Unlike you Maverick_LSC, I can deal with that...

PEACE!

JT
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response..   Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response.. EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:19 am

Should I feel left out that I'm not being stalked? hurr
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response..   Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response.. EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:12 am

Zen72 wrote:
Well it seems that Maverick has decided to respond to my RandomCast;

Well "Anonymous" that is...
Amusing as his increasingly pathetic antics are, the way Maverick_LSC responds to the criticism you level at him can tell us a lot about the kind of person he is. It's been a while since the psych courses I took in college, but hey, I'll go ahead and take a stab at it...

Overall, I get the impression that Maverick_LSC is a very insecure person. Not only does he let his wife run his life and belittle his hobbies, he seems to lack the courage necessary to confront you over the criticisms you've blasted him on your podcast. Instead of being able to talk to you like an adult and explain the reasons behind many of the unethical and controversial decisions he's made, his insecurities motivate him to cyber-stalk those who criticize him in hopes of intimidating them into silence and taking the occasional immature pseudo-anonymous potshot at them. To me, these behaviors indicate a man frustrated with a life of subordination to higher authorities that don't respect him, and is lashing out to protect the illusory authority and empty respect he receives as a Robotech.com moderator from being diminished by those who have earned their positions as authorities in the fanbase and the respect of the fans.

In short, the reason Maverick is acting like this is because he feels you're threatening his credibility (as if he had any) and his perceived authority. It's the same reason he lashed out at, and banned, me for publicly shaming him over on Robotech.com.

Quote :
Anonymous said...

JT, you have way too much pent up anger in your podcasts. Mav is not bad at all, and your responses to him is smaking you look more like the fool every time I listen. He helped to bring Robotech to the Space channel up here in Canada. Many canadians respect him for that. Cut him some slack, he knows what he's talking about.
That Maverick has so little in the way of fan support that he has to resort to trying to defend himself from behind a perceived (but ultimately illusory) veil of anonymity speaks volumes about how his views are received by the fans. You'd think such unpopularity would prompt him to modify his behavior, but doing so would undermine the illusion of crusader-like confidence in his own moral and intellectual superiority he thinks he's presenting to us all, so he'll likely never do it.

Quote :
Anonymous said...

He helped to bring Robotech to the Space channel up here in Canada. Many canadians respect him for that. Cut him some slack, he knows what he's talking about.
Exactly why Maverick, and for that matter... Harmony Gold, think that getting Robotech on Canada's Space channel is an accomplishment worthy of celebration. After all, the Space channel is a nosebleed network that only exists because the Canadian telecommunications commission needed a way to block the importation of the Sci-Fi channel by Canadian cable companies. Kind of a failure, really... since a great deal of Sci-Fi original programming still ends up on Space.

As you no doubt already know, Harmony Gold's supposed achievements often become much less impressive when you know all the facts surrounding them, and this is no exception. The important part that both Maverick_LSC and Kevin McKeever conveniently forget to bring up when they start patting themselves on the back for getting the old Robotech series on Space is the time slot it was given. Far from being a prime time program, Robotech spent the duration of its run on Space in the sort of time slot most networks reserve for infomercials they're sure nobody wants to see... Saturday morning at 7:00am. The feeling of achievement that results from Robotech being back on the air in North America loses a bit of its oomph when you take stock of the situation and note that even before the show went to air, the network had singled Robotech out as the weakest title in its lineup and unceremoniously dumped it into a time slot that practically guaranteed low ratings and an abbreviated run for the series. True to form, Robotech's run on Space was a brief one and the show has been removed from their schedule.

(Amusingly enough, the show's page on Space's website has only two comments, one of which is by Maverick, where he proclaims that the show is "EPIC!" and "classic sci-fi at its best". Clearly the network executives and the audience don't agree...)

Quote :
You sir are a fucking idiot and a waste of a human being.
So how many cocks did you suck to get this standing on Macrossworld. Dumb ass!!!
At this point, I'm forced to wonder what the LSC in his name really stands for... could it possibly be:
Maverick_L(oves)S(ucking)C(ock)? It would certainly fit with his new, bendo-esque penis fixation where you're concerned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response..   Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response.. EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:47 am

WOW! Remind me to NEVER drink from the cool aid! Reading this had me in stitches!

I'll exercise my right to an opinion here and make the following statement. Any one, my self included, who has to resort to name calling, and sexual belittlement, in order to defend ones opinions, does not have much of a foundation for their opinions. If one has a strong foundation for the basis of ones opinions, backed up by facts, then one is capable of defending the opinions with out side tracking into childish banter.

Now I have heard and read statements by JT. He has always been up front in stating "One fans opinion" and he has always encouraged a diversity of opinion. I have not once heard JT attack some one cause they had a different opinion about Robotech. In fact I have only heard JT welcome that difference of opinion and even asked to discuss why they had that opinion.

As for Maverick, I have only read statements by him made on Robotech.com. Those statements as those above, always seem to be in an attempt to belittle some one. Usually that some one is a fan with a different opinion then Mavericks.

As a fan of Sci-Fi and Robotech, one of the great pleasures is to have a friendly debate of ones opinions. A debate were one does not have to worry about personal attacks, but can openly discuss the facts of why one's opinions are what they are! Personally I'd rather discuss the facts of my opinions with JT, then with Maverick, for reasons stated above.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response..   Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts 01/31/10 - Maverick's "answer" to me and my response..
Page 1 of 1