Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread Empty
PostSubject: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:03 pm

Since I only update with a new chapter about once a month, there isn't much reading material widely available, or anything "new" rather. So I hope this thread can substitute for that and keep everyone interested.

More about these proposed disquisitions...... I will be going back through the chapters and including what I'd like to call "author's notes". Where I will talk about things such as cut scenes, the deeper meanings behind some of the situations and of course the key points where foreshadowing occurs.

I will even include some interesting facts about the characters that you didn't even know, which will hopefully give a clearer insight to them.

anyways let's get on with it!

My first victim in this mess is none other than Chapter 1 of Atlantech. I am really going dig deep with this one, hell I'll dig deep with all of them.

So chapter 1 is titled "The Beginning", and I will admit when it came to titling the first chapter, I had my doubts on how to go about it, so the title I selected was simple and to the point; for the first half anyway.

So I started out by introducing some of the history behind Atlantech, the version following the Robotech universe. I described how mankind dealt with alien warfare in the past and how it led to planet Earth's demise and humanity getting tired of war thus resorting to isolating themselves from the rest of the universe, and that's where the introduction to Atlantis City comes into play. Built on the remains of an old planet, yet the humans are unaware of what lurks within those remains. What's funny to me is they didn't seem to care what it was, from their point of view it was nothing but a perfect location for their proposed utopia of a city. Now when I think about Atlantis city, I am reminded of a snow dome. That's exactly what it looks like in some ways, because you've got the city right in the middle of this chunk of a planet, and it's got a large glass like dome over it, which is equipped with a force field.

Only the force field is outside of the dome rather than in it, for obvious reasons. To protect it from any invaders if they happen to pass by and view Atlantis as just another target. For the most part they've been safe for hundreds of years, because that's how long the humans have gone without war. Such a long time, yet Atlantis does seem like the utopia it's made out to be, but looks can be deceiving. While Atlantis city is free of Alien invaders, it's not entirely free of war, as the violence resides within the city itself. You've got all the crimes you can think of going on and the city council who run the city yet don't seem to care about anything but the money they make.

The city council are a totalitarian government and have complete control over everything except the military or "AMF" Atlantis Militia Force. This was due to the fact that the AMF had been around long before the council was organized and Atlantis City itself was still in early development stages. The head council man, Julius Morane had risen to power sometime in the middle and since then he has been trying to get the AMF to surrender its control to him. Morane is your typical power hungry, greedy bastard of a man only he takes it a bit far when he considers himself a god and believes he should be heard and not seen. Even the Atlantis City currency has got "In Morane We Trust" on the back, which further amplifies that this man has deluded even himself into believing he is the absolute power. There is more mystery to him, though I will not mention everything as some of it are considered major spoilers, but he is the type of man who hates to be questioned for anything and will kill anyone who tries to either steal from him, upstage him, or because of personal vendettas. The sadistic truth about this is Morane presents himself to the public as a kind, caring individual, concerned with their well being and eager to improve Atlantis.

The people haven't a damn clue about what he's really up to, and those who do find out get the final kiss off. It is however, no secret that Morane and the council own most of the major businesses, but even still the people don't know about the organized mafias and the embezzlement of their own hard earned cash.
At this point it seems the city council are the ultimate antagonist in the story, but that's only half true.

Atlantis City is one of culture and style, bearing an architectural structure of art deco complete with a jazz age theme. It's not the most futuristic setting one would expect in the year 4000, but still the city has its technological advances. I'd say it's pretty hodge podge in the futuristic realm, but the technology is pretty basic, though there are some exceptions... more about that later. But in my mind, Atlantis City needed a sophisticated style, one that worked well with the art deco structure and so the jazz age was perfect and I went with it.
It's a city of style and artistic merit, and the clothing and hair styles of the jazz age all fit well into this description. But like I said it's all hodge podge especially with the technology, but there are some funny things from the jazz age I decided to include, such as the music, and a lot of the old time gadgets and gizmos. But I've got to admit, the jazz music is something that I myself love a lot.
There is also a lack of color, when it comes to photos, news print and advertisements throughout the city. Sepia tones and black & white, but there is some color usage though it isn't much. I like the look of old photos and ads, and decided to keep it as such because it just works with the whole concept. Also sepia toned portraits actually have more story telling ability to them than color ones do.

And I will admit the direction I decided to go with everything has made it more fun and exciting, because to me it's just fresh and original. And yes many will question me about it but I will give them all the same answer. "It just works for me and I like it".

Now let's get back to where we were before...

I've talked about the city's design and culture, trying to give the readers an insight to what they're getting themselves into, but I forgot to mention that while Atlantis is a city of artistic value, it's also a gambler's paradise. It was after all modeled after the old Earth cities such as Vegas and New York, and so it is a city that never sleeps or sees the light of day. When humanity isolated itself, they actually picked a location far away from the sun. The remains which Atlantis was built on, was actually drifting behind Saturn in the shadows and so it's always night time in Atlantis, though the people treat it differently as they still consider 12 hours as part of "Day" and the rest night obviously. To me this makes this universe of mine more interesting and even amusing. There are far more amusing concepts but I'll get to those later.

While the city isn't the most technologically advanced it still has its interesting points, such as the automated vehicles (that's right, driving is in the past) called "cabs". and the artificial weather system built into the city. When I say artificial I don't mean literal weather because it doesn't rain or snow, instead it's just a temperature controlled unit which does just that, controls the temperature in the city. Even in the year 4000, Summer, Fall, Winter & Spring are still around, only it isn't what you'd expect. It's just based on the temperature of given season, such as the temperature being hot during the summer and cold in the winter. It's supposed to emulate life on earth as it once was, just so holidays and such are not completely forgotten. Now more about the technology, because I know you're just dying on anticipation!

As far as anything futuristic goes, there is the voice activation command technology. This is usually used on doors, cabs, menus, and just about anything else you can think of. There are also video phones, which are also voice activated and the mecha as well. But first, it is important to explain just where all this technology comes from. The ones responsible for its development are none other than a company known as Atlantech. (Atlantis + Technology) The company had been around for a long time only it took them a while to give themselves their widely respected name. In the early years they had been responsible for developing technology for the AMF and only much later did they start doing the same for the city. Atlantech is pretty much owned by the AMF, as the company's building is located near the AMF Airbase.
This is another point of interest that Morane and the council would like to get their mitts on, because all of the twisted ones can't have power without technology.

When it was announced that Atlantech was developing specialized fighter jets for the AMF, Morane and the council jumped right in and offered to assist in the project in hopes of gaining some control over it. The Captain of the AMF, Abraham Grant accepted Morane's offer for some oblivious reason and once the council assisted in the funds for the project, Atlantech took the money but excluded any involvement of the council, and the only one who know what exactly was going on was Captain Grant. Lack of information began to drive Morane insane and he demanded to know what was going on. Grant had been subtle about giving away the details but either way Morane grew suspicious and was determined to find out for himself. (This is where the character and android Stan Winston becomes important)

The project had been titled "Galactic Knight" and Atlantech took over it without the council's knowledge, they did use the money the council had funded though as it was somewhere in the billions. (Morane was desperate) The figthter Jets were named AF Prototypes or "GK AF". They were pretty standard models, only they resembled the old stealth fighters with an art deco structure to them. Only 100 of them were produced and kept in the AMF's underground hangar. Few of them were used for actual testing, though most of it was done using simulation operated units. For the longest time not very many knew about the prototypes, and Atlantech was determined to keep everything quiet until they had been approved by the AMF. This angered Morane and the council even more and soon they found themselves funding their own technology to create a secret weapon to use and act as a spy against the AMF and Atlantech.

Morane had gotten involved with a secret company that specialized in artificial intelligence and used them to create a human android which would disguise himself as a soldier and collect information at the same time. There's an even bigger mystery concerning the development of this android who was named Stan Winston, and there was even a rumor that Stan was created using the brain of Morane's deceased son.
Either way Stan was Morane's most expensive project and most of the money he used in the creating process had been embezzled from the people of Atlantis. It was also crucial that Stan's true identity remain confidential, so only the council and those who worked for them knew the secret. Stan had also been in charge of protecting his own identity and the secrets of the council and would act as an assassin to get rid of anyone who was suspicious or found out the truth.

Stan was the perfect tool to use for this because being that he's not human, there's no evidence he can leave behind. In a sense he is the perfect killer, because it's quite evident that he could never get caught.

Now back to Chapter 1

The first character I introduce is William Sterling, a young corporal of the AMF who also becomes close friends with Stan Winston unbeknownst that he is an android. There is a little bit of history between the two, as in William was the first person to treat Stan like an actual human, and this is something that helped form that bond. Stan is supposed to be evil, deadly and yet he becomes loyal to this young soldier, even acting as a body guard at times. Whatever caused the bond, it's a strong one and even causes a bit of conflict when Brian Smith comes into the picture. (more about that later) Anyways William sterling seems to have quite a history of being an outcast, a target for ridicule, and even hated. He is half alien or in the robotech universe half zentraedi. (he is a sterling after all) Life for him is complicated, but being that's hes such a complete push over, he just takes it. The racist and snide remarks about him being a hybrid do get to him, but he's just not the type of person to stand up for himself. Stan sees and notices this, which is why I think he acts as a body guard because William is just too reluctant to defend himself.

It doesn't bother him that he's not an ace, though it is expected of him to follow in the footsteps of his ancestors. He's just a happy guy that also has to deal with the crap people give him, and due to the fact the council has no control over the AMF, they've brainwashed the people of Atlantis into being anti military.
Soldiers aren't very popular and they are even looked down on just like aliens, and so William has the best of both worlds, he's a soldier but also of alien heritage. But like I mentioned before, he's a push over and not because he's weak, he's just a nice guy and doesn't want to sink to the levels of others.
But among other things, he is a hopeless romantic and does end up obsessing over a woman some would say he stands no chance with, because they come from different worlds. This woman is none other than the jazz age prima donna and washed up movie star, Victoria Thompson.

A blonde flapper of a gal obsessed with following in her mother's footsteps.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Victoria had once lived the good life of fame and fortune but it all came to sudden halt when she had been outshined by another diva, an older woman with a french accept named Natoya Stronghold. Victoria had been a silent film star and when Natoya began doing talkies, Victoria also did so, only it was a given that the general audience preferred Natoya's voice to Victoria's queens accent.
Spoiler:
Vicky's talkies were easily forgotten and her silent films also lost their popularity and the diva found herself watching her good name crash and burn. She was also on the verge of bankruptcy and found herself working for Morane and the council, along side or her old time manager, Maxwell Graham.

Together they began running a small drink and gambling joint known as The Card Shack. It was fairly popular with the snobs of Atlantis but even more so with the soldiers and AMF personnel since it was closer to the Airbase. There were special events such as poker tournaments that Maxwell and Vicky hosted. The only downside were the games were always rigged and Maxwell always made sure the winning hand went to the person in on it. But despite it all, Vicky still found herself competing with Natoya especially when it came to singing.

She'd always have Maxwell book her shows at the same locations as the French diva, and would try to upstage her in the looks and fashion department. For the most part Victoria became obsessed with trying to get her good name back, but no matter what her plans always seemed to backfire and well Natoya was just "Miss Perfect". It began to occur to the former diva that she needed something more in her life than all this glam and glitz and began to find herself jealous when she noticed other couples around her. She had tried to find that special someone in the past, but she just have had any luck. They were always the drug store cowboy types that considered her as nothing more than eye candy and it infuriated her. But of course these guys she went for were all rich and stuck up, and unlike them she didn't look down on the lower class citizens. She also didn't have a problem with the AMF even when she started working for Morane and the council.

She (along with Maxwell) had been in on all their secrets though, and knew well enough that Stan Winston was a spy. In fact
Spoiler:
While she didn't agree with what the council were doing she kept quiet, especially since that job was her only source of income, minus the fact
Spoiler:
She was also interested in owning her own business and starting a fashion company since she had made most of her own clothing anyways. With goals like these she began to understand that the celebrity life wasn't all that grand, and she suddenly began to lose interest in the competition with Natoya, and decided to go her own way.

She didn't completely lose her popularity as being a hostess of some of the poker tournaments got her some attention mainly that of William Sterling who had been acting as a secret admirer, leaving bouquets of roses anonymously at her dressing room door. He knew he was probably wasting his time, but he was a hopeless romantic and she had been the only one who really caught his eye. He had been her biggest fan and still watched her old movies, even though some of them showed her kissing other men. He had at one time realized she wasn't stuck up like the other celebs and in fact had a very caring and nurturing side to her. He also realized that he seemed to be the only one who could see it, and that must of added to his obsession with wanting to court her.

But despite the way he felt, he was just too afraid to admit it and even being near her made him nervous as hell. It was the fear of rejection of course, and the fear of being ridiculed for even trying. And the only one he ever really talked to about this was Stan Winston, and Stan didn't really understand any of it, though he was trying to.
So yes, William is living a pretty complicated life but despite it all, he's happy.
Stan is just a confused machine trying to blend in society while serving his true purpose.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 10:06 am

Chapter 1 part 2: Milquetoast

First off, Milquetoast is 1920s slang for a shy, timid person. By this time of the story the title itself is referring to Brian Smith.

Brian is one of those characters who has a depressing past. His brother; Robert Smith, whom was the only person who he truly looked up to and admired had been killed when Brian was just a preteen. Robert had joined the AMF and was a volunteer test pilot for the AF Prototype, and when the technology malfunctioned, the fighter jet crashed taking Robert's life with it. When Brian heard the news he was devastated and in turn began to believe it was the military's fault. So up until he was Eighteen, he lived his life blaming the AMF for Robert's death and refused to associate himself with any of the soldiers.

So during this time, Brian is pretty much what you'd call a "rebel", he smokes and wears his brothers leather jacket
Spoiler:
around like it is a security blanket. He also carries a small polaroid snapshot of his brother as well. Brian is living a life of an outcast and dwelling on the loss of his brother, digging himself deep into an anti-social hole not knowing what hes going to do with his life. He lives alone in a very unkempt apartment complex and spends his days and nights roaming the streets, hanging out in night clubs (for music) and watching the poker tournaments.
Spoiler:

He isn't about to change his ways or his life, until that one night when William Sterling makes an effort to socialize with him. The minute William and Stan Winston are passing by, they see the kid standing in line outside a night club called "Hotsy Totsy" and it's a given that he's the anti-social type, just by how he presents himself. William being the generous guy he is, makes an effort to talk to Brian to try and see if he can cheer him up. Of course this doesn't go too well, and Brian seems extremely annoyed, even more so that he notices William's uniform. William Sterling who is completely unaware of Brian's anti-military stance, still tries to make conversation and comments on his jacket. Brian ignores him and presses forward with the line, and then William gets nosey and begins asking Brian what's wrong with him, and it is then that Brian shows his true colors and tells him his brother is dead.

William being the pushover he is, allows Brian to yell at him even though he feels like arguing back. Then when Brian leaves and Stan shows up, he comments on how it's too bad some people don't accept help when it's offered. Having said this, Stan hasn't a damn clue what it really means, but he still says it.

At the same time, Victoria is in her dressing room preparing for a gig and Maxwell Graham is kissing her ass in hopes of getting on her good side tonight. Victoria sees right through it and tells him to knock it off.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 10:32 am

Out of curiosity do you have any drawing of what the AMF fighters look like? You definitly have a unique look at what a future society could look like.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:52 pm

mecha2241 wrote:
Out of curiosity do you have any drawing of what the AMF fighters look like? You definitly have a unique look at what a future society could look like.

Thanks, I spent a lot of time the past few years coming up with all the content, glad to know you find it interested.
And yes I do have some rough sketches of the AF prototypes, which I'll post later tonight. I was originally going to release them along with other sketches in an art dump format, but since you're curious I don't mind sharing them now.
instead I'll just release the alien mecha in the art dump instead =P
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Chapter 1 part 3: Doggedness

William and Stan sit at one of the booths in the Hotsy Totsy and William notices Brian standing nearby. He realizes his attempts to be friendly before were none so great, but still he's curious as to why someone could look so miserable all the time.
Spoiler:

At this time, Victoria comes out on stage and starts singing a slow jazz number.
Spoiler:
Of course William is instantly mesmerized
Spoiler:
and forgets all about Brian until the song ends.

Brian must have also been enticed by the song because he seems to be a lot calmer and doesn't mind when William shows up and starts talking to him. All is going well until William brings up the incident from before. That's when Brian starts with the attitude again and even admits that he doesn't care for soldiers.
Spoiler:
Brian also proceeds to explain to him about what happened with his brother, and why they are to blame. William is both shocked and surprised at this news, especially since he didn't know this death happened many years ago, he thought it was recent. William doesn't understand how someone could dwell on something like that for so long, and he suddenly doesn't feel so sorry for him.

So Brian and William pretty much get into an argument and Brian storms out of the building.
Spoiler:

So Brian pulls that "Rebel without a cause" stunt and leans himself against a wall and lights up a cigarette, and then when William shows up, the argument continues. At this point William is actually pissed off and wants to give Brian a piece of his mind. Even though William is pissed off but he's still able to remain calm
Spoiler:
He tells Brian he felt sorry for him, and surprisingly enough Brian actually says he's sorry. William also apologizes for being such a pest, and then the two of them sorta become insta-buddies but not in the way you would expect. Brian still tells him he shouldn't waste his time on someone like him.

William still doesn't understand what exactly is up Brian's ass, but still invites him to tag along with he and Stan.
Spoiler:
Right now William is even more determined to get to know Brian, because he wants to change his view of the military. He doesn't believe it's fair for Brian to put the blame on the AMF when his brother was the one who volunteered in the first place.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:58 pm

Okay time to make Chapter 2 my next victim... lots of spoilers to be had here.

Chapter 2: A Friend In Need

The chapter title alone refers to Brian Smith and his need for some sort of socialism in his life. He obviously needs help getting out of that hole he's dug himself into, but at this point he isn't sure of himself and the soldier William Sterling. Sure William is nice to him, but Brian can't forget that William is part of the AMF, the ones responsible for his brother's death.
Spoiler:

Of course the AMF are not to blame, but Brian is so full of anger and sadness he had to put the blame on someone, and what better choice than the service his brother was a part of?
Spoiler:

So Brian accepts William's invitation and tags along with him, and both of them head to the Card Shack while running into the one and only local asshole, Maxwell Graham.
Spoiler:
Maxwell is pissed off and bumps right into William without bothering to apologize. This is the first time that Brian and William actually see the man, as both of them are oblivious that he is the manager of the Card Shack and the host of the poker tournaments.

So after their run into the asshole of assholes, William starts talking about how the snobs of Atlantis treat the military and lower class citizens, and as Brian is listening to this he's realizing that he's acted no better than the snobs and it actually makes him think. (a rude awakening like no other)

So Brian and William are now inside the Card Shack, and William meets Stan Winston and introduces him to Brian. Brian, seeing Stan for the first time actually has a bit of a deja vu and Stan has a strange resemblance to his dead brother. (This leaves Brian stunned and speechless) "Your friend seems a little timid around me", Stan remarks.
Spoiler:
William assures Brian that Stan won't hurt him
Spoiler:
and that he wouldn't even hurt a fly. (There aren't any in Atlantis, just rats
Spoiler:
)

So in order for Brian to feel relaxed, he announces that he needs a smoke and as soon as he pulls out a cigarette, William decides to act like a parent, telling him he shouldn't do that because it's not healthy and he's too young. This obviously sets Brian off and he argues that it isn't in William's place to tell him what he can or cannot do. Then being the guard dog he is, Stan decides to butt in and tell Brian he's being ignorant. William, who knows how Stan is, quickly apologizes for offending Brian, but then Stan decides to comment on how people Brian's age are so full of angst and hate.
Spoiler:

This pisses Brian off and he tells Stan he's heard enough from him and gets up to leave. William, despite the fact he knows Stan was just being his jerk of a self, tells Brian that Stan was only joking in hopes of getting him to come back. Much to William's surprise, Brian even knows Stan wasn't joking
Spoiler:
Seeing things aren't going so well, William asks Stan to apologize and explains to him that Brian is just upset over losing his brother. Stan asks if it was recent and when William tells him it wasn't, Stan is finding himself confused. (Even though death is one of the things he already doesn't understand) But even so, Stan asks why Brian is dwelling over a death that occurred in the past. William is also questioning this too, and Brian is suddenly put in a very tight spot. He's got two soldiers staring at him, and he's feeling very uncomfortable so what does he do?,he just turns away and walks off.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:05 pm

Atlantech Chapter 2: Part 2: Sentimentality

While Brian is acquainting himself with the Card Shack's one and only bartender, Enrique Alveras, Captain Abraham Grant, and Vice Admiral Lynne Williams of the AMF are overlooking the progress of the GK project.
Spoiler:

Lynne has been given a folder of documents from the council, containing important information about the project, but she is confused because she knows Atlantech excluded them. Lynne is a bit uneasy with having that information, because she doesn't understand what it means. Also she knows about what happened to one of their test pilots in the past, and she's worried about it happening again. Grant tells her if something goes wrong, they will be the ones to blame not the AMF, as they are the ones who provided the approved documentation.
Spoiler:

Lynne and Grant are talking about the issues, when suddenly Lynne notices Captain Grant is showing signs of illness.
Spoiler:
He's coughing really badly, but assures her it's nothing serious, and he has medication for it.
Spoiler:

It's also explained that Lynne sees Grant as a father figure, since her own had left a long time ago for a mission he probably never accomplished. She even says "It's been so long, I don't even know if he's still alive". Lynne knows in her heart she's probably right, but still she holds on to the hope that she will see him again. (
Spoiler:
Captain Grant sympathizes with her, as he has a history of being in the service with her father. He doesn't know for certain what happened to him and the others, but he doesn't want her to lose that hope that they may still be alive and will return home one day.
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:58 am

Nice recap so far there HP !! and the inside info/character history does help to explain a few uncertainties. Also I think this was a good idea for you to keep interest in the folks (like myself) that have the twitching eye syndrome im twitching as they wait for their Atlantech fix lol.
Keep up the great work and I look forward to reading more Smile
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Iceblue106 wrote:
Nice recap so far there HP !! and the inside info/character history does help to explain a few uncertainties. Also I think this was a good idea for you to keep interest in the folks (like myself) that have the twitching eye syndrome im twitching as they wait for their Atlantech fix lol.
Keep up the great work and I look forward to reading more Smile

Thanks, glad you're enjoying this I'm actually having just as much fun writing it myself er typing.
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:00 pm

I was curious like Mecha regarding pics of the well mecha lol...I noticed that you said you were planning on posting them but I cant seem to find them anywhere wah

Ha Ha don't mean to put you on the spot if I did, but I gotta get my Atlantech fix im twitching
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Chapter 2 Part 3: Here comes trouble

Back at the Card Shack, we find Brian still sitting at the bar, pouting. He's waiting for Stan and William to leave, but they're not ready to. Brian has been ignoring everything else around him, that he's taken by surprise when he hears Maxwell asking for another player to join the poker game.
Spoiler:
Anyways, Maxwell repeats himself until someone finally answers, and that somebody is none other than Justin church.
Spoiler:

Brian is bored of waiting for those two jerks to leave so he decides to give up and go watch the game, and of course William and Stan decide to do the same. (mainly because they're friends with Justin Church) Maxwell is amused to see such a young player join the game, but he doesn't care, he's just there to take his money. Of course being the devious little monster he is, Justin sits at the table looking all smug.
Spoiler:

Now it's about five minutes into the game, after Maxwell took the honor of shuffling the cards and passing them out, and already Justin is causing ruckus. For some reason Justin keeps getting all the winning hands, and Maxwell is bit suspicious as are the other players, especially the one who was supposed to win as it is a rigged game. William is cheering Justin on, and this is also something Maxwell doesn't take so kindly to. Brian is watching but trying to make sure William and Stan don't see him.
Spoiler:

Brian must be cursed with bad luck because William does see him and even apologizes, hoping that he will give him another chance. And as Brian is about to answer, Maxwell has had enough of the disruptions and scolds them. Of course at this point William recognizes Maxwell as the jerk who bumped into outside and didn't bother to say he's sorry. William even calls Maxwell out, but in turn Maxwell doesn't seem to care, he even says "And your point is?" Seeing it's a waste of time, William just says never mind and also tells Maxwell he'd rather not deal with someone like him. Maxwell says the feeling is mutual as he tends back to the game, watching the players.

Victoria had been sitting at the bar during this time
Spoiler:
And she overheard the conflict going on between Maxwell and the young soldier, but didn't approve. She knew how Maxwell was and decided to make him apologize for his rude behavior. Of course Maxwell's apology is blatant sarcasm, and Victoria isn't blind to this and tells him to do it right. Feeling rather frustrated and embarrassed in front of all those people, Maxwell manages to make his apology sound more convincing, just enough to get Victoria off his ass.

William being the nice guy he is, thanks Maxwell for the apology even though he didn't mean it, and Victoria decides she's had enough liquor and comes to watch the game.
Justin is still continuing his two-timing scheme and ends up pissing the other players off while making his audience a tad bit suspicious, yet hopeful that he will win.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread   Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis  Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Atlantech "Character/Story" Analysis Thread
Page 1 of 1