Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not yet dead... and new site progress report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

Not yet dead... and new site progress report Empty
PostSubject: Not yet dead... and new site progress report   Not yet dead... and new site progress report EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:11 pm

'kay, since some blokes were apparently wondering if my long-ish absence from this site meant I was taking a dirt nap, I'm very much alive... it's just been a hectic holiday season and I've somehow once again been roped into the antics of the state PTSA (who apparently appointed my to an office two years ago and never bothered to tell me, despite the fact that I'm not a member and don't pay dues).

Anyhoo, enough about my boring-ass life... let's talk permanent website solutions!

I've been talking it over with my current web host, and they're kind of being dicks about the whole thing. They don't wanna let us use domain pointers to route two or three different sites to the same server directory, and they're really opposed to the idea of having multiple sites with infinite bandwidth on their system... so as I'd mentioned earlier we decided to shop around for a new hosting service. I'm pleased to say we've found one, though it seems our old host doesn't wanna relinquish the old domain name, so we're currently pondering new ones with the expectation of getting that domain opened for service by next Tuesday morning. Once the new domain is ready, we'll get Joomla set up and configured, install Kunena and any other modules we might need, and start pre-registration for board staffers. Under the best-case scenario, we could have it open as early as Monday next. The real trick is that we still haven't found a person familiar with Joomla's configuration to help us get things sorted out quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Not yet dead... and new site progress report   Not yet dead... and new site progress report EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:26 pm

There you are! and you were right a bunch of us had been wondering where you went Grin
anyways glad to know of the updates for our new site. We still need a name, hmm maybe we could come up with some different possible ideas and take votes or somethin?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

PostSubject: Re: Not yet dead... and new site progress report   Not yet dead... and new site progress report EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Jeez... site ain't even up yet and it's already the subject of a Bendo podcast... that boy must REALLY be short of material.
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Not yet dead... and new site progress report   Not yet dead... and new site progress report EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:45 am

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Jeez... site ain't even up yet and it's already the subject of a Bendo podcast... that boy must REALLY be short of material.

yeah he's a pathetic shit isn't he?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: Not yet dead... and new site progress report   Not yet dead... and new site progress report EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Some one say dirt nap?

Glad to see you come up for air Seto! Who cares about this bendo, fool, just bring us a great website! Take your time, get it right, we're patient! Lets ring in the new site on the 25th, what do you think?

Joking aside, take your time, and when it's ready it's ready. Looking forward it till then! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not yet dead... and new site progress report   Not yet dead... and new site progress report Empty

Back to top Go down

Not yet dead... and new site progress report
Page 1 of 1