Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga

Go down 
+4
Dread
MechaGodzilla
Seto Kaiba
Viper
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga Empty
PostSubject: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:00 pm

a little backdrop:
Macross saga is what got me into watching sutff like anime and so on, but then i find out that Robotech is much deeper than Macross saga's story on it's lonesome

so i invoked time and effort to find detailed info,

well...Macross saga lost it's luster when isaw New Gen saga,

but overall, my roots in anime begin with the Macross saga of Robotech

so if you ever see me widlly talking about Macross Saga, thats the reason...
as for it's luster, FOrce of Arms is the only area i cant get over, due to the 'we will win' that minmei sings during the fight, her only non-lovergirl song and non-ran-into-the-dang-ground one

but no, with that said i'll impsoe the question:
My fave mecha was the VF-1J Max or Miriya colors seen in "Force of Arms", but without the super armor, so i ask you guys: what outta all Macross-saga mecha, destroid or VT, would e you're fave?
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:37 pm

Oh, boy... Some people might think that the answer, for me, would be pretty obvious, but nope. I've given it a lot of thought, and my list goes as follows.

MBR-04 Mk6 Destroid Tomahawk
VF-1S Super VT
Glaug Officer's Pod

(Yes, in that order)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:57 pm

yeah i akse dthe same topic on RT, and you reply was pretty much the same IIRC

but only reason the J stands out is it's the only featured one used in space that has 2 head-mount lasers

the R, which is not truely feature in-show has two than an automated one, making three

forme, the mecha has to have one or two extensions from it's head, not more than

the felstnia in E7 has roughly two extended points
THe VFA-6Z Red Aplha we love only has one, hence why it's one or two for me

but also, IMO, the pentagonal eyevisor is just menacing...as are dear flesty's eyes andthe shape of the VFA-6Z's head
---and that plays a role in my favoritism
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:29 pm

Hmm...

I prefer the VF-1S Super has all the cool elements I look for in a VT. The rocket packs on the back add an excellent aspect to it's battloid mode, and the head-stock has a really cool look to.

As far as the head-stock's lazers, I think more is better. If you have two more guns, so much the better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:17 am

head-stock is the term eh?

eww...just eww...

earguns sound better when refeint to a 1S/1J/1R/1D Valkyrie IMO

personally, on a off-topic notation: the macross mecha are getting to look good, even with the refurbie laser...

as for destroid mine would have to be Monzy the Monster, the one that stomps and ripps up a floor plate in FORCE OF ARMS as it mobilizes

i always calledit Monzy
Monzy Monzy Monzy
(yeah i'm in goof-ball mode)
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:35 am

Not so much of a Monster fan. I recognize it's power, for sure, but it's basically a rear-line artillery piece. On the SDF-1, of course, it's usage was very improvised, but I'm going by primary design philosophy.

"Head-Stock" comes from musical instruments, most notably guitars and basses. It's the part at the end with the string winders/tuners.

If you're a fan of the Monster, you should check out the VB-6 Koenig Monster in Macross Frontier. It's a transforming Monster. In plane mode, it's a bomber, and in battloid mode, it's the familiar big, bad, 4-gun monster we all know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:20 am

Viper wrote:
If you're a fan of the Monster, you should check out the VB-6 Koenig Monster in Macross Frontier. It's a transforming Monster. In plane mode, it's a bomber, and in battloid mode, it's the familiar big, bad, 4-gun monster we all know.

i'm not so much a macross fan as i am RT, but i feel this is cause i'm so the dark on Macross info but i have seen the mech your talking about and boy i'd love to have one for sure

across's Mecha are getting really good, and tempting...there's one i'll see if i can dig it up, but it reminds me sorta of a waspman but it's head just captivated me and in some random RPs i use the mech

((by dig it up i saved the image somewhere i need to find it))
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:06 pm

VF-1S Super Valkyrie
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:15 pm

Seto Kaiba wrote:
VF-1S Super Valkyrie

That's such an old, outdated mecha! I mean, can't you think of something newer?

(Wait... I picked that one too...)

uhh... NICE CHOICE, SK!!!

:lol!:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Outdated maybe but hey thats stinking SKULLONE now that aint no laughing matter...
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Viper wrote:
Seto Kaiba wrote:
VF-1S Super Valkyrie

That's such an old, outdated mecha! I mean, can't you think of something newer?

(Wait... I picked that one too...)

uhh... NICE CHOICE, SK!!!

:lol!:

outdated is always good though! i like it
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:16 pm

Outdated??? Try 'Classic'
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:12 am

Newer is not always better, IMHO. I prefer the classic look of the clean VF-1. The -S has advanteages over the others, of course, but the overall design of the -1 is superb. Its basic model can be adapted to fit at least four different types of equipment. There's the ELINT variant, the armored battloid, the super packs, and the orbital booster pack. At least.

Forget the Alphas and Betas. Give me a VF-1. Or a Tomahawk...
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:09 am

Dread wrote:
Newer is not always better, IMHO. I prefer the classic look of the clean VF-1. The -S has advanteages over the others, of course, but the overall design of the -1 is superb. Its basic model can be adapted to fit at least four different types of equipment. There's the ELINT variant, the armored battloid, the super packs, and the orbital booster pack. At least.

Forget the Alphas and Betas. Give me a VF-1. Or a Tomahawk...

Here here!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:19 am

four armro packs eh?

nice customizability there,

sadly only Valk other then the 1J max/or/miriya i'd like would be a max/or/miriya Skull One, saga-style

or maybe a stealth one....
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:30 am

But you have to remember, there wasn't a Stealth version in any of the Robotech Macross Saga. The only thing that came close was the Shadow Fighter, but that's just an upgraded Alpha.

Personally, In the realm of Robotech, I don't see much use for a 'stealth' variant of a VF-1... No need, really.
Back to top Go down
Seto Kaiba
invid shock trooper
Seto Kaiba

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:44 am

Aww Heck wrote:
If you mean that limited edition "Stealth Valkyrie" toy made by Toynami... that isn't even from Robotech. It's a VF-1S Strike Valkyrie from Macross: Do You Remember Love?. The toy itself is just a 1/100 scale knockoff of the Yamato Macross 25th Anniversary 1/48 VF-1S Valkyrie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.macross2.net/forums/

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:55 am

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Aww Heck wrote:
If you mean that limited edition "Stealth Valkyrie" toy made by Toynami...

actually, i'm just saying a stealth colors Valkyrie would look cool imo,
i did play the game robotech battlecry and it had a version of the idea i am implying in it

as for not much use:

there was an episode of macross saga that had either pale-black or rich-nav VTs launch, they had no stripes and were virtually invisible to the eye other than their enigne output, well once off the SDF anyways
---not sure what episode though

in short i'm simply saying a Valkyrie in black stealthy colors would look cool
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:48 am

Well i know this is a late entry but here is a picture of the semi-stealth version VT from the Robotech Macross Saga.... however i am not certain as to which episode it is from lol.Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga NDVD_013-1"
Back to top Go down
mecha2241
sentinel
mecha2241

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:54 am

I'm going to kind of follow the party line here and go with the VF-1S with Super packs and also the Tomahawk. I've alway like the looks of the Monster too, but that thing is just an overgrown artillery piece and pretty much useless in a stand up fight.
Back to top Go down
incisivis
Haydonite
incisivis

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:19 pm

The Officer's Pod, aka the Glaug. There's just something about its colour and form which is very cool. A pity that its most prominent pilot (and the only one in canon) had to be Khyron....

Also, I have a soft spot for the Glaug's little brother, the Battlepods, due to my weakness for the underdog. Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga 872329
Back to top Go down
http://incisivis.livejournal.com
Star Dragon
robotech master
Star Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Here's a nightside guess:

And yes it doesn't have the shoulder cannon cause this model (Mesh) is better and ahd a different fast pack. Just assume I have it or can get it.

Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga Patrol2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga   Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga Empty

Back to top Go down

Macross saga...fave mecha form this saga
Page 1 of 1