Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: 1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1   1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:46 am

Hello all and welcome back to the "HANGER DECK HANG-OUT"!!

1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 Skull1hanger-1

For some of you this is a project you may have already begun to view on another site however it is my privilege to say that this is now the only site you will be able to see this project. I would like to start off with re-emphasizing again that "all" comments and critiques are welcome and i won't have bad feelings towards anyone. I believe that bad reviews are to be used as constructive criticism and the good reviews....well those are to be used to boost the ego lol....both are welcomed!!
Also please feel free to ask questions should you have any. Grin

This is a project i have been working on in my
spare time over the past few months. gotta go Being a big Robotech Macross Saga fan i
couldn't help but to bring some visuals to life. I
too can't get enough of Robotech and always find myself looking for more info or
more renderings. I was originally inspired from a site i came across where a fellow fan built his version
of the famed (and hard to find) Macross Factory Model Kit. I was convinced
that i could build one myself and thus began the turning of gears. I
spent much time drafting up plans, re-drawing plans, and researching many articles that would
help with inspiration as well as give me ideas to make it my own version.
Strangely enough my ideas led astray from the factory to something more
interesting and that of which hasn't been attempted (as far as i know anyways)
The result....my rendition of a Hanger Bay scene aboard the SDF-1 all set and
constructed to 1/100 scale measurements.

What would a "Hanger Deck Hang-Out" be without a hanger deck?
Not much of a hang out lol...so let us begin the build....

1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 P1030872-1

This was started as my rendition of the Macross Factory
1/100 scale model kit. Here you see my first wall section created from balsa
wood, finish nails (for pipe lines) and some various plastic parts i had
accumulated over time. The construction was done in the way that the doors are
able to be opened (hopefully by mechanical means in the future but that is still to be determined)
I also apologize ahead of time for any blurry or fuzzy pictures. oh shit

1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 P1030880-1

In this picture I added to the wall section to conform with
that of the Macross factory wall (with some tweeking of my own) and also added
2 new walls which was originally the front door cover of my Smilodon Raidmax
Gaming Development computer case.
I thought the case had great potential for a hanger bay scene so i cut it up and used it accordingly.

I also threw in a couple of 1/100 scale valks for a comparison as well as added interest.

Note: In future pictures you will see many computer parts put to good use.
(compliments of a virus that wasn't blocked through Norton Antivirus thank you very much)

1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 P1030886-1

This picture shows the point in time of the inspired Hanger Deck
idea. Notice i switched the factory wall with the right hand side
(plastic) wall and created the basic structure that will become the hanger bay
doors. This set of doors will open up to the outside (deep space) of the SDF-1.
This addition was built from scratch out of balsa wood, and like the first
factory wall doors, these are fully operational as well. I displayed a few
more valks in this pic to give you an idea of the size as well as the layout
for the future. If you look to the dismantled VF-1 to the right you will
see that it is in transition to become the Izzy paint schemed VF-1A
as seen in the Robotech Battlecry video game. But that is another project
that will come in the future i promise Smile

Here is a birds-eye view for you as well as a view with the both sets of bay doors open.

1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 P1030887-1

1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 P1030888-1
Be sure to stay tuned for the next part of this project coming soon
popcorn

Last edited by Iceblue106 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1   1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:12 pm

That is so awesome! Grin You've put a lot of hard work into that and it really shows
it will be interesting to see more progression on this project
Quote :

Note: In future pictures you will see many computer parts put to good use.
(compliments of a virus that wasn't blocked through Norton Antivirus thank you very much)

That made me laugh tehe

anyways can't wait for more updates on this :]
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1   1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:16 am

Thanks for the comments HP Smile and i have to say that i can honestly laugh with you now (about the virus and computer parts comment) but at the time i was so pissed off lol...I even deleted the Norton Anti-virus and shit canned the install disk. I now use my older computer with a bunch of freeware that works 100% better than all the windows vista garbage. Anyways i have more pictures to download along with more changes to the project. I plan on having them installed by this Friday (hopefully).
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1   1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:22 am

ACK!!!

What happened to your images, Iceblue?
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1   1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Sorry about the missing pictures Viper wah ....I had moved my photos to another album in photobucket so i guess by doing so it changed the Html code. Anyways it is fixed again so the pictures are back now for your viewing pleasure lol.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1   1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Iceblue106 wrote:
Thanks for the comments HP Smile and i have to say that i can honestly laugh with you now (about the virus and computer parts comment) but at the time i was so pissed off lol...I even deleted the Norton Anti-virus and shit canned the install disk. I now use my older computer with a bunch of freeware that works 100% better than all the windows vista garbage. Anyways i have more pictures to download along with more changes to the project. I plan on having them installed by this Friday (hopefully).

Yeah I know how that is, I remember when my Norton also got infected with a virus face palm
worst anti-virus software ever!

Also can't wait to see the other pictures Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1   1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:23 pm

Iceblue, I got a deal for ya.

If you ever decide to do a 1/60 mecha bay, let me know. I'll be over once it's completed, and sneak away with it. That way, you can have the joy of building it, but avoid the chore of having to keep it around!

How's that idea sound to you?
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1   1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Hmmmm that doesn't sound like too good of a deal for me....however if i did build a 1/60 scale i would have to let you take it since i don't own any 1/60 scale Valks or Destroids im sad I was late to jumping on the band wagon when they came out...sigh so as a result i have been purchasing 1/100 scale but even those are limited wah

Anyways if i do decide to make 1/60 i may just send it to you for your Birthday lol (keep in mind i didn't say which birthday) dog

I should have part 2 of the hanger deck up and running today so stay tuned popcorn
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1   1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Well, I don't really care about your feelings in this. My 1/60 Tomahawks (all three of them) need a home, so they're riding my ass to find one. I'm desperate, so I'll resort to any kind of coercion I need to...

LOL!!! (Just kidding, dude.)

Excellent work, BTW.
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1   1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Lol well Viper I have been given some thought to your dilemma and since you mentioned you have 3 Tomahawks i was thinking that maybe I could draft up some plans for a 1/60 destroid hanger (on earth) I'm thinking maybe 4 bays. One for each Tomahawk and a spare for visiting Destroids/Valkyries. If you're interested send me some ideas and or some kinda material (pictures etc.) I am thinking i can make it so it can be disassembled and re-assembled. Anyways I'll do some research, gather some material, and bounce some ideas off of ya to see what we can come up with.

.....but for now tell them to go on patrol lol..... or threaten to stop maintaining them kill it with fire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1   1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

1/100 Scale HangerDeck Part 1
Page 1 of 1