Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II Empty
PostSubject: 1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II   1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:15 pm

Welcome back to HANGER DECK HANG-OUT!! And welcome to part 2 of the 1/100 scale hanger deck build!!

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1030887-1-1-1

If you noticed the beginning of a trend than you are correct.
I have decided that it would be best to keep peeps from getting lost.
So with that said I will start with the last picture of the previous Part of the hanger deck build.
(but with a filter of bronze and/or sepia to give it that cool look of the past
clap ).
Now on to the first picture of Part II's Hanger Deck build.

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1030922-1

Ok so here we go..In this picture you can see the Glorous wall of computer parts !!
yay
Actually its the start of what will become the Left hand side wall.
This was built with the normal materials (balsa wood, scrap plastic pieces, and the all famous computer parts)
If you notice i also made another change to the build...the cross pattern wall formation used to be on the
right hand side wall. I also built stair wells for access to the second level and incorporated a make shift crane.

The crane was designed with the ability to pivot (but not raise and lower, cant have it all i guess)

Did you notice the computer parts?

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1030927-1

Now in this pic you will notice that i fabricated a new wall section out of an old 3 1/2" floppy disk drive
as well as a base for the Valk to stand on while the crane lowers his arm for assembly. (This crane is able to pivot as well)
If you look to the left you can see that i also built up the second floor of the hanger...making an observation area .
Also note the brass/copper colored vent parts are actually the cooling platform for what used to be an
Asus overclocked motherboard with Sli tech. So i guess you could say this is a hanger build with some
quality parts lol. Rolling Eyes

(Did i mention i used computer parts?)

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1030928-1

Once again here is a "birds eye" view of the progress made thus far.
Looking to the right you can see the beginning of a post and platform for maintenance personnel to use.
The idea was taken from the Plastic Mechanical Chain Bases. However like all things so far this will be changed again.

Sooo onto the changes Suspect ......

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1030929-1

Well here we are with the change to the Right side wall. I removed the tower and the walking platform
since it was more of an obstruction than a well placed detail....sooo off it went. I also removed crane
for better accessibility. If you look to the left you can see that i built a stair case on this side now as well
as adding details to the wall and door assembly.
(the next pic will have a better angle to show the detail)

Note: don't get comfortable with the new wall build as it is subject to change again
retard

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1030931-1

Here is a better view of the stair cases as well as the detail done to the right hand side of the bay doors.
The plastic pieces are actually from an Ho scale Train cart.
The scale is a little off but for this type of application it works fine.

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1030932-1

In this picture you can see the addition of a walkway above the hanger doors as well as a tower to the left.
The tower was incorporated from researching hanger deck scenes (from Robotech Macross Saga)
So it may look familiar to you. Also notice that i added a small Jib Crane to the left of the tower.
This was a golden find in the hobby store.(I only wish i could have found more)

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1030930-1

Here is a close up shot of the Left hand side wall....notice i even used the resistors from the motherboard
No joy

(Why i added this shot i don't know....oh well its here.)

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1030933-1

And last but not least here is the famous "birds-eye" view shot as a closing picture to Part II.
Here you can see the addition of Floor detail in the form of Styrene with a tile pattern on it.
Also you can see the addition of the new top assembly for the back wall. This was designed to be removed
for access to "Points of Interest"....Ha Ha but you will have to find out what those are at a later time...
So once again...stay tuned popcorn

Last edited by Iceblue106 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II   1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Damn clap You've really put a lot of detail in this project Grin
it looks great! (and yes I noticed all the computer parts lol)

can't wait for more =p
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II   1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks HP, Its been taking a little time but i have to say that this is only the minimal detail so far.... Once i get my Camera charged than i can begin taking pictures of where i am at with detail Grin and this is all before paint mind you lol.

oh and one more thing........have you seen the computer parts?

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1030898-1 :headdesk: Lol
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II   1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Iceblue106 wrote:
Thanks HP, Its been taking a little time but i have to say that this is only the minimal detail so far.... Once i get my Camera charged than i can begin taking pictures of where i am at with detail Grin and this is all before paint mind you lol.

oh and one more thing........have you seen the computer parts?

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1030898-1 :headdesk: Lol

cool, look forward to seeing more of the detail Grin
and yes I've seen them haha, too bad that computer was crap, but in the end
became useful for something Wink
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II   1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:42 pm

yeah can't say I ever thought i would be using a 500 GB hard drive as a door stop lol Shocked 1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1040117-1
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II   1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 1:11 am

The project is looking really good Blue. I can't wait to see the end of the project.
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II   1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 1:40 am

Iceblue106 wrote:
yeah can't say I ever thought i would be using a 500 GB hard drive as a door stop lol Shocked 1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II P1040117-1

lmao I need to try that Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II   1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II Empty

Back to top Go down

1/100 scale Hanger Deck Part II
Page 1 of 1