Robotech: The Lost Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotech: The Lost Universe

We celebrate the original 85, comics & novels and believe TSC does not exist.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)

Go down 
+2
MechaGodzilla
Iceblue106
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Empty
PostSubject: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:33 pm

HELLO ALL AND WELCOME BACK TO THE HANGER DECK HANG-OUT
AND PART 7 OF THE BUILD!!!!

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Light8-1

In this part of the build I will walk you through the final pictures of the build for the most part.
A surprise finish picture may fallow in the future with changes made as well as a second level,
however for now this part (part 7) will be the final edition of the build.
With that said lets move onto the "eye candy" you may or may not have been waiting for.....

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Light8

In the fallowing pictures I will give you close ups from different angles, panning
from left to right as well as panning from the ceiling down to the deck. Ready to go? Well
than here we go!!

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Light7

In this picture you can see the detail applied to the left side ceiling, lighting, as well as a
nice view of #013 crane and the blue entrance lighting for the mobile equipment and personnel.

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Light6

Here you can see the center view of the hanger, jib crane to the left, and the underside of the catwalk overhead.
Again the view shows the detail in lighting and multiple layers of piping within the ceiling structure.

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Light5

In this picture you can see more detail of the ceiling (piping and lighting) detail in the
#012 crane with the built in light, the mechanics platform with railing on the right wall,
and the nice blue glow from the repair pit area.

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Light4

Now we have panned down to a direct view of the right hand side of the hanger.
Here you can see a better view of the "glowing pit" as well as lighting in the overhead
observation area. (not to mention more pretty yellow safety railing in the back as well as
bright safety yellow LED's in the decking to direct traffic out the bay doors)

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Light3

Again a better view of the yellow LED's in the decking however this picture is a little fuzzy.

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Light2

Now we move onto the birds eye views...looking down through the piping on the ceiling,
we can focus on the weathered look of the hanger deck floor, as well as seeing all of the
deck lighting.

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Light1

And again here you can see a birds eye view through the catwalk overhead as well
as getting a nice overhead view of the glowing blue repair pit for the valks. In case
I haven't mentioned before, the new pit construction is from a computer fan unit that
happens to have blue LED's in it...and of course it is from the famous computer crash.

In the fallowing pictures, I have changed the lighting somewhat in which I took the pictures
during the daytime hours with the Lighting still plugged in and turned on. I also decided to
incorporate some Valks into the mix to give it that true hanger deck excitement.
So without further ado........allow me to open the doors and let the valks in!!!!

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Valk2

First up is Milia's VF-1J with a head on view as well as a glimpse of Roy's Skull One.

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Valk3

Here we pan to view the right side of the hanger deck and find that there is quite a
lot going on. Izzy has come in through the side door to find the shot up "cannon
fodder" in process of being repaired. Also above, you can see the main overhead
crane has rolled into place above the catwalk.

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Valk4

Now we pan over to the left side of the hanger and see that the main overhead crane
is in fact transporting the fast pack assembly to begin preparations to Roy's Skull One.

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Valk5

Here we have a clearer view of the assembly process taking place as well as the full view
of the entrance for the support vehicles (not shown here but perhaps in a later picture)

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Valk1

And now finally here is the frontal view of the overall hanger with all the valks in place...
lol not to mention the view of all the mess up top (wiring for the overhead lighting)
In the future surprise photo of the hanger deck build, it will be composed of an added
upper level ready deck both to support more valks (in route via USPS) as well as to
provide a nice way of covering up the mess of wires. Also there may be a lower level
added as well just to show a nice cross section aboard the SDF-1.

Until we meet again for your viewing pleasure....thanks for spending your time with me
on this construction process. I hope you have enjoyed this segment and be sure to look
forward to new projects coming in the future!!
popcorn
Back to top Go down
MechaGodzilla
Admin
MechaGodzilla

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:50 pm

man that thing is too awesome! matchbox eat your heart out! =P
Back to top Go down
http://www.theatlantechuniverse.com
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:59 pm

I've seen some very nice dioramas in my time, but this one... I'd be hard pressed to say that it loses anything to even Games Workshop.
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:54 pm

Thank you both for the compliments!!
And Dread its funny you mention Games Workshop....
I used to collect and hand paint Warhammer (both fantasy and 40K) as a hobby back in the day.
And before that I was big into Ral Partha lead miniatures for AD&D.
(all of which I used to make dioramas for so I have some experience under the ol belt lol).
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm big into the Battletech thing, I used to love 40K. I'm working on the layout for a military base in the Battletech universe. I thought, at first, that a 4X8 table would be enough. It isn't even close. I'm currently looking at at 8X12 set up just for the main base area. Add in another 8X8 area for as close to a full scale dropship as I can get, plus an 2X8 strip for an aerospace runway.

I'm talking about roads, parking lots, hangars, motor pools, buildings, rail-head, and lots more. If I can do what I really want to do, I'll be able to show the outskirts of the base as well, with the local town on it.

So far, the layout is looking to be huge at 8X22 feet total table top space. That's crazy big, and, unless I have a very large space to do it with, won't ever happen. So... I'm looking at trying to narrow down, or at least shrink in scale, my list of needs and wants.
Back to top Go down
Iceblue106
sentinel
Iceblue106

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Man I tell you, I feel your pain...the needs and wants always seem to outweigh the allotted area, time or amount of cash needed for stuff to happen. Cut backs always suck!! lol.
Back to top Go down
Dread
sentinel
Dread

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Yeah... Well, if my plans work out, I'll have a couple of years in which to settle on the plan. I'm thinking really hard about going back over to Iraq as a civilian. Two years there will pay for some land and a failry nice house while still leaving some left over for fun and investments.

After that... We'll just have to see how things pan out.
Back to top Go down
Brian3D
invid shock trooper
Brian3D

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 1:22 pm

Oh my! Iceblue, if only my 3D models could look as detailed and exciting! WOW! Seriously, that is one bad ass hanger deck! Once you placed the VF's in there, it really added to the sense of it all, but I have to ask, "No warhammer?" Come on, you have to put at least one destroid in there, please!

Honestly, joking aside, great project man! Great project!
Back to top Go down
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Probably because 1/100 scale destroids are extremely hard to find, if not outright impossible.
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Comparing stuff on my shelf - aren't the 3" Matchbox/Playmates Robotech Destroids, and the semi-posable Tomahawk and Armored VF-1 that I got from (dangit, I forget the term - some set of boxes where you don't know what you have till you open it) 1/100 scale? or are they 1/144?

The set in question has transformable (with piece switching) Skull One and Milia's red VF (at a smaller scale than the posables), a semi-posable Skull One Battloid, an Armored VF-1J and the Tomahawk, complete with opening missile doors on the latter two. IIRC, the boxes said series 2 - no idea which mechs were in series one - or who made them (got them at a con 2-3 years ago). The size of the torso I have for an old transforming model (that got town apart by a nephew or a pet) appears to be the same scale as the torso of the semi-posable VF-1s.
Back to top Go down
http://home.kih.net/~sbundy/
Viper
Admin
Viper

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 6:59 pm

Like I said, those are extremely hard to find, and they might not be in the exact scale. Not to mention the fact that the older Matchbox stuff isn't the most proportionately accurate.

If memory serves correctly, the old Matchbox stuff had an oversized SHolder-mount missile launcher, and the main guns were severely undersized, as well.

I could be wrong, though. I've only recently seen some of the 1/100 (or 1/144) stuff, and that's what I remember about them.
Back to top Go down
Basara549
invid shock trooper
Basara549

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 4:19 am

I found out the info for the sets in question - the Tomahawk is in series 2....

http://anymoon.com/blog/2006/12/16/kaiyodomovic-series-001-gashapon/

http://anymoon.com/blog/2007/02/11/kaiyodomovic-series-002-gashapon/

The only items in them worth having are the Regult from Series 1, and the Armored Valk & Tomahawk from Series 2.
Back to top Go down
http://home.kih.net/~sbundy/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)   1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now) Empty

Back to top Go down

1/100 scale hanger deck part 7 (final for now)
Page 1 of 1